Chapter 2: Wondering The Woods.

My eyes were closed who knows how long I've been asleep. Strange enough I felt a warm sensation on my skin. What was this? I question myself as I slowly opening my eyes only to shut them quickly.

What is this brightness?? It can't be the sun? Or can it...i wonder as I tried again but...much slower allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. My eyes widened at the sight of the clear blue sky. No dark snow clouds clinging to it.

And the sun....it was as beautiful as mother described it...bright and warm like a fire. Confused I sat up quite easily which was quite odd? After the fall I had it would be impossible to just sit up like this....I gasped as I saw the bright green colors of woods around me.

I've never seen anything so beautiful and bright before. The only way I've seen the woods before is when it's  painted in white snow but this...this was unbelievable...

Once I looked at my arms expecting cuts and bruises I found nothing? My skin was flawless once more. How? *snap* I  snapped my head into the directions of the woods searching for the sound, my breath caught as I stared back into the ocean colored eyes of some sort of gaint Elk.

His beautiful...it's unlike anything I've ever seen before, his hair was as pale as snow and his antlers reached far like the branches of a tree. The creature snorted at me as if it was reading my mind.

Slowly I stood up to see the boat had gotten stuck into a fallen tree that laid in the small stream, I seemed ot be traveling down. Grabbing the branches of the broken tree I pushed myself out of the boat, making my way to the river bank to this magnificent creature that stood there watching me with interest.

Once my feet touch the soft green floor I noticed I no longer had my boots on. Yet it felt like a dream to step onto the ground the light green color tickling the bridges of my feet...so this is what grass feels like?

I smiled excitedly as I made my way over to the Elk the closer I got the more he came forward towards me until we both stood face to face. Well in a way he was much much taller than me.

I reached out my hand to pet his main and it was the softest thing I've ever felt. He snorted looking down to me as if it was teasing me because of mi hight. Smirking I stepped away folding my arms across my chest as if I've been offended. The Elk looked at me slowly turning his head as if he was confused.

"You made fun of my hight" I said as I turned my back to him. A few seconds later I felt the cold touch of his snout push slightly against my back trying to gain my attention. Turning around to face him, his large wet tounge licked me.

"Ewww!!" I exclaimed loudly as I tried rubbing all the spit off with the sleeves of my dress..well remains of a dress. Once I was done I glared at him and he innocently looked away.

"Rude" I said as he looked back at me while slowly lowered himself enough to my hight. I looked at him confused as he moved his head as a suggestion to get onto his back.

I've ridden horse before but never have a ridden a Elk. I mentality questioned myself as I got onto his back. I let out a yelp of surprise as I noticed what a distances I am from the ground. It was frightening yet exciting.

I letting my hands take hold of his hair that thickly stood out behind his neck. Once I was ready and I felt at ease, I let my foot lightly tap his side so he knew I was ready.

I let out a cry as he sped off. My hands tightened as I saw the trees whip and move by in a speed. He leaped over fallen trees and jumped onto ledges, as if they were nothing.

Slowly but surely I started enjoying this. The feeling of the wild wind in my hair as we sped through the forest. "This is wonderful!!" I yelled letting go of his main and lightly let my legs cling to his side as I let my hands shoot up into the sky.

The feeling is sensational it's much more it's...impossible to explain...the rush the feeling of being free it's... Absolutely magical. I giggled as we came to a stop.

Once I got of he sped off into the woods again. Rude much he left me here and I have absolutely no clue where I am or where to go.

That's when I started looking around for clues or anything that might tell me where I am. After a few seconds I noticed a pathway no to far away.

I assumed seeing there's a path it had to lead somewhere did it not? Skipping along the path I stopped multiple times to admire the sight of the bright colored flowers or forest creatures that wondered around.

While walking I hear a loud sound behind in fear of it being a wild animal like a wolf or bear I quickly whipping around I faced the most stunning ellon I've ever seen...

He wore beautiful wood colored armor and had light blue eyes as well as light silver hair. Who is this man?
"Who are you?" he questioned his voice soft and kind.

Clearing my throat I answered "Um...my name is Learies..and you are?" I said bowing my head slightly. It's custom for elven people to bow there head to one another. It shows respect for the person you are greeting.

"Legolas." he answered smiling. As he walked past me signaling me to follow him. Seeing I had no idea where I am I thought it would be best to follow him.

As we walked through the woods in silence for a few seconds Legolas finally spoke "Where are you from Learies?" as he watched me with interest out of the corner of his eye.

I slowly started rubbing my arm in discomfort as I tought of ways to put it...or if I do wish to speak about what happened to someone so soon.. "It's quite fine if you do not wish to speak about it." he said after he noticed my distress from his former question.

"Legolas! You've returned where ha-" a red hair woman with forest green eyes said before she looked to see me at Legolas's side. Her eyes wide as she saw my current state.

Yes I will admit I do not look the best but there's no reason to stare. I said as I metal rolled my eyes. Yes I suppose a lady wondering around in a half dress and covered in dirt is not a thing you would see on a daily.

"Who might you be?" she questioned stepping closer. Which made me feel a little intimidated by her. "Learies...it's a pleasure to meet you." the red head woman smiled warmly at me "Tauriel" she announced as she joined us walking to wherever.

"Do mind my father he is a bit...crule at first" Legolas said with a soft smile...odd.."Ye king twiggy can be quite the drama queen.." said Tauriel
Wait...she said king...which means..Legolas's father is a king which makes Legolas a prince!

"Legolas you're a prince??" I loudly exclaimed. He nodded in response as Tauriel snickered. "More like  price of trouble making." she said earning her a glare from Legolas. I smiled warmly at the two as we came to view of a large green gate on the other side of a stone bridge.

As we crossed over and made our way inside Legolas told me that as a guest to Mirkwood I have to speak with his father and tell him everything he wishes to know of me if I want to avoid getting thrown into the dungeons, for trespassing into his realm.

Nodding they lead me to a larger wodden door. Legolas walked into a different direction as Tauriel smirked at me. "Once you go in greet the king respectfully.He prefers gusset or anyone greeting him as such" I nodded in response. She disappeared into the hallway once the wooden door opened.

Seem like a reasonable way to address a king.

Walking inside I couldn't help but stare at the beautiful structures and crafting of the room. It was open and you could see other parts of the castle or kingdom. Once I came to a stop in the middle or the room I noticed A breath taking man that look just like Legolas but...much more...attractive..?

He wore a crown made of branches as well as a sliver robe that paird to the bright sliver of his hair. I felt myself sink under his cold  gaze.  Oh Valar help me...

"My lord. " I said with a bow of my head.

___________________