Chapter 3: What Are You

His gaze fell upon me from his high throne that made him seem more frightening then he already is. I let my eyes drift away from his icey one's down to my now shaking hands. 'have I offended him in a way if he doesn't speak to me?'

Scolding myself I suddenly froze when I felt the kings presents behind me. He didn't speak but I could hear his faint foot steps as he stalked around me like a predator, stalking it's pray.

The thought sent a cool breeze down my back, as I dared to look up at him. There was something different about him...something alluring to this king. No it's not his looks but something else.

Like his very hröa is made out of mystery and power...as if his very existing is demanding respect. "Diplomatic. Far more to just be a common elf? " he questioned with his fuzzy brows knitted into confusion. Looking into my eyes for an answer as well as daring me to look away under his intense gaze.

"Well I suppose..." I said looking down to the floor once more. I heard him humming in response as he started pacing around me once more.
"Tell me. Why you were Trespassing in my lands." he said, his voice low...and deep like a cave of a mountain yet..soft and angelic.

"Well...my lord I had no..intentions of...well trespassing to be quite honestly with you I do not even know where I am." I heard him stop which made me even more worried. That's when I felt a cool hand brush a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You are in the realm of the woodland elves. The kingdom of Mirkwood. Now how do you not know where you are?" Mirkwood? Mirkwood.... It doesn't seem to ring a bell...did not know much of Middle-earth...deep in Middle-earth I assume.

"Well...where I...come from I...was not allowed to learn about the world outside of the walls..." I felt my breathing grow hard at the thought of the place I once called home... 'Well. Well. Suppose you are special..You're are dead if I get my hands on you brat!!'

I shut eyes tightly as hands folded my hands into fist's trying to shake the unpleasant voice out of my head...and the unpleasant memories it was bringing back. The king seemed to notice my rapid change of movement. Like he could see the discomfort speaking about my past was causing me..

"Now where is this place you claim to come from." he asked curiously as he stood in front of me, with his hands folded behind his back. 'Well. Well. Suppose you are special..You're are dead if I get my hands on you brat!!!' The voice yelled again loudly...much louder the the first time.

" Please...I do not wish to speak of it..."i said with a pleading voice as I felt the dark memories crawl back I to my mind. The king scoffed as I felt him stare daggers at me. "You have no decision in this matter. You will tell me what I wish to know or I will have you tossed into the dungeons until you are willing to speak."

I froze...as I felt my heart speed up and by breath grew hollow as I remembered what happened once I was sent to the dungeons by my father...

_______________

§~back flash~§
§~week before escape~§

" You pathetic little girl! What have I told you about leaving the palace!" tears sreeamed down my face as I sat kneeling before my father.

I had snuck out the castle after I noticed he wasn't here...I went out to the garden to admire the old maze that was now frozen over with snow. I remembered my mother always playing tag with me.

While walking around in the maze I got lost in memories..not noticing the amount of time I've been outside..it was sunset. I panicked as I rushed out of the maze and tried making my way to my room without noticing...

As I entered my room I saw the back of the familiar form of my father..I felt my heart sink and my body shake as his hard gaze fell on me. "Father I-" *Crack* his large icy hand sounded upon my cheek. Leaving me to fall to my knees holding my new red cheek.

The sharp pain that vibrated from it when I touched. I looked to my father with tear stained eyes as he glared down at me coldy.

"Seeing you can't behave accordingly you will be disciplined for you're behavior. Gaurds take her to the dungeons!" I felt fear growing in my chest as I felt my voice fade as they roughly grabbed me and dragged me out of my room.

Not bothering that they are scraping my knees they threw me onto the cold dungeon floor..afraid I scurried away into the corner as I dropped my face on to my legs as I hugged myself tightly.

Not even a few moments of peace the two guards grabbed me and shoved me up against the wall chaining my hands above me. "Now now. Let's see if you will remember this next time you try going outside." before I could react in anyway I feel that sharp slicing pain from the whip in his hands.

§~end of flash back~§

_________________________

"Take her to the dungeons." he said in a ice tone when I snapped out of my trance like state. "No! No please!" I begged as fear started to set it, my tears starting to blur my vision of the King ignored me as he turned away walking to his throne.

I felt the cold hands of the gaurds roughly grab my arms and that's when true panic set in. "please! No stop!" I felt the cold rush through my body as the frosty ice color set into my eyes. As they continued pulling me out of the room.

"I said stop!" I yelled as the force of the ice pushed the gaurds away. I dropped to the floor as my hands touched the cool rock floor ice shot across it and up onto the highest pillar. I looked to the king as my ice one's found his dumbfounded one's.

My vision grew more light by the passing second as I felt the strength fade from my body. But before I closed my eyes I heard the unsure voice of the king ask...

"...What are you..?"

_________________