Chapter 5

Fiona held her breath. "I don't know what are you talking about?" Fiona gulped while that soldier only got in. "How are you feeling now?" He asked and Fiona could tell he didn't know.

Fiona only stared at him shaking her hand before she whispered, "Better,"

"We have to leave for Dark feral right away," Fiona too didn't know why she was trusting this man. But anything that could get her away from the capital was enough.

She remained silent when they got her discharged from the hospital. David had a Jeep that didn't have a roof. She couldn't help but wonder what news he was talking about. There was no way he could be helping her after finding out that she was the daughter of Addison Walter. Then, what this news was about?

David pulled in front of a little shop on the highway to buy her some juice and a little bag that had some food. Fiona didn't thank him but accepted the packet. The guard smiled and was quick to start the conversation. "There will be no place coming to buy any food. It's better that we stock..."

"Where are we going?" Fiona asked,

"I met your mistress. She has no problem if I take you to your dad's place."

"You talked to Paula?" Fiona almost gasped and wonder how she could be alive.

"Yea, it seems your mistress is having quite a hard time. Her mate is killed for..." Fiona got her hands tightened around the bag and had her eyes teary. She abandoned Troy. How he must have been feeling learning that? She could tell Troy was devastated realizing Paula left him.

"Your father is dead, Fiona." The guard said and Fiona couldn't help the gasp.

"What?" Fiona looked at him wondering if he knew about her identity.

"Your father died two days ago. It seems he was here to look for you after your mother died." Only now did Fiona realise he was talking about Sienna's father.

"How...did you figure out who my father is?"

"Well, I already told you that there aren't many people and guess what? There are even fewer with blonde hair. And, then it seems Mr Phipps came to know about your mother's death. And, it only shortlisted you.

Sienna didn't have blonde hair. Fiona only wonders if she was being given to the right family or not. But there was no way she could have any say.

It was after sixteen hours when David let her sleep at the backside of the jeep. Fiona only woke up to witness the sun rising and give in to sleep again.

"Hey..." Fiona woke up with a hit on her head and found a tall guy who looked in his teen years standing only a foot away from the jeep. He had a few stones in his hands and was about to hit her with the next one that Fiona tried to dodge with an arm over her face. "...wake up you sleepy ass." Fiona looked around to find the jeep parked and wonder where David was.

"Who is she?" A girl who seemed to be the same age as Fiona appeared from the side of that guy and asked. The teen guy was quick to guess. "I am sure she is a new maid. Isn't she too pretty to be a maid?" The little girl crossed her arms over her chest before she shook her head. "I don't think she is pretty. She does look like a maid."

The guy was about to throw another pebble in Fiona's way when all of them were startled. "Hey don't!" Fiona noticed a man in his jeans and shirt. This indeed made that boy stop. But only noticing David following that man relaxed her.

"Why would you do that to anyone?" Alpha Tate was quick to ask.

"What happened, Dad? I thought she is sleeping in the jeep without asking. I was only helping our guest Mr. David..."