Chapter 6

It seems Mrs Phipps knew nothing about Fiona's adoption. She didn't even know for whom she called the doctor. But the moment she came to know that Kate adopted Fiona to get back at Ivory the house had a meeting.

It seems Ivory who was second in number was mated to Tony. And, Kate wanted to make things difficult for her after learning Tony was interested in a blonde girl. It didn't take much for Kate to realize that Fiona was her stepsister and wanted to make things difficult for Ivory.

Kate and Ivory both had a kind of hold on the house. Kate and Ivory were twins. But Kate is the one who came out first and was the future elder of the family because they didn't have any male siblings. And, Ivory was meant to be the future Luna of their pack. Fiona was sitting at the table and Mrs Phipps had forgotten all about what mess her daughters made in the house. She was only looking at Fiona and wondering what damsel her mother would have been. No doubt her husband lost interest in her.

"If she stayed in this home I will burn this whole house down." Ivory punched on the dining table but Kate only smirked. "There is only much you can do about it, Ivory. The orphan house has closed down and I have no intention to let my sweet sister go."

"I will kill her," Ivory seethed and Kate shrugged, "Better, don't worry I will marry Tony when they will put you behind the bars..." Ivory was quick to growl again and Mrs Phipps got out of her place and slapped Chelsea. "It was you who came with this idea, didn't you?"

"Kate, you so want to keep this shit here, don't you? You can keep her. And, Ivory?..." Mrs Phipps looked at her daughter Ivory before suggesting. "...I will make sure that Tony will never look at her. Isn't it better that you can make this girl disappear?"

"What are you suggesting?" Ivory asked and Fiona had her heart drop. She could tell that the moon goddess had gotten back at her.

"Do you think Tony will look at her if she stopped having something you don't have?"

"What do you mean? What does she have? I don't know why Tony looks at her..."

"Her golden hair my girl, the same hair that no one in this pack has..." But then Mrs Phipps walked to Fiona and pulled her hair. She had some strands of Fiona's hair in her fingers and continued, "...listen, you little shit...I want your head shaved in the morning. And, there is no way in hell that you will walk out of the cellar. Tony will be gone for his training in a month and I don't want you to step out or have any guests have a look at you. Do you agree?"

Fiona only stared at the woman who spoke of nothing but insecurity. It wasn't the first time she was told that she was beautiful but now she was to live with eight female wolves. Somewhere that was no less than a madhouse.

That night Chelsea came to give her a razor and asked Fiona to do it in front of her. If the devil ever wanted to be reborn it was Chelsea. She was only twelve years old and was the only wolf who had white fur in the whole pack. She knew she was meant for something big and deserved better always. She had always sided with Kate while her own twin, Beatrice had always sided with Ivory.

Never in the million years has Fiona thought about finding herself in such a spot. She cried the whole night. She didn't know how to face anyone without her hair. But now she was even more convinced that it was the moon goddess punishing her. The feeling of having no one besides her was even more evident now. Walking out of the cellar when she was called at the breakfast table she felt naked with no hair on her head.

"How are you feeling now?" Mrs Phipps asked and every one of them laughed at the table. Fiona had tears in her eyes in an instant. "I am asking about your wound. Is it healing fine?" Mrs Phipps asked but she too couldn't contain her laugh at the end.