Chapter 3: Oh Brother

"Sir? Who calls their own brother sir?"

The young man's remark was met with deathening silence. All eyes were glued to him as if he were a sheep among a group of cows. Wu's gaze displayed that of pure suspicion, his eyes narrowed slightly and his lips forming a thin frown. Garmadon's blood red eyes showed a somewhat more welcome demeaner, though suspicion still lurked within them. Lloyd's eyes, in fact his whole body, presented nothing more that pure shock and caution.

"Huh, maybe my head isn't back on track yet. I thought that man just said he was Lloyd's brother!" Jay chuckled, whispering to Nya

"That's because I think he just did say that..."

As the Ninja bickered amongst themselves for a few moments, Jay and Kai occasionally shooting weird glances at the Garmadon trio, Harumi took her time to digest this new information and gather a first impression of this brother of Lloyd's. Whom she, nor anyone else for that matter, had ever heard of before.

She gazed into the man's very soul as he basked in the tension he had created. To give credit where due he did look eerily similar to Lloyd. Let his hair grow out a bit and dye it a pale blonde shade they could identify as twins. He wore a soft smile that stretched mid way up his cheeks. His pure golden eyes were wide and shimmering. Harumi was never one to search for the obvious though. If she were anything, it was a good judge of character. She could safely say he seemed friendly enough, though their was an off sense he gave out that made her doubt that previous judgment. She would keep a close eyes, but for now she chalked the feeling up as the lingering shock of his mere existence brung.

The clap of the man's hands silence the Ninja with immediate effect. All eyes darting to him, some eager, some suspicious, some both.

"Well, I'm guessing from this reaction I'm assuming my dear family hasn't told you about me." His voiced was soft and cheery, but from the way he pronounced 'dear' it piqued Harumi's former subdued suspicion. It sounded...off

"No. No they have not-" Jay immediately answered, pure shock still present on his face

"But I think we're all...interested...to find out" Cole interjected, to which the other 4 Ninja and PIXAL nodded in agreement. Suddenly all eyes fell on Master Wu and Lloyd

The man's gaze shifted to Master Wu's, his grin widening as he took a few steps closer, as if daring him to explain himself.

Wu turned to Lloyd and the pair silent debated who best to clear up this...situation. After a few agonisingly slow moments of silence both nodded their heads and Lloyd took a step forward, bringing all attention to him. Clearing his throat, he started.

"Guys...This is Lee, my brother. We both went to Darkly's Boarding School when we were kids and when you all first met me he was...away. What are you doing here?" Lloyd completed his dissatisfying short speech with a question to his brother. All the speech serving was confirmation of who Lee was and his name. Lee.

Lee let out a hearty chuckle, his gaze boring into Lloyd's as he properly took in his brother after so long. He gave the Green Ninja a knowing look and continued the conversation.

"Now Lloyd, I think we both know that would be better discussed...in private. Wouldn't you agree?"

Lloyd nodded in agreement, a knowing glance shared between the brothers as the icy atmosphere grew around the group. Naked to the visible eye was the slight fear in Lloyd's glimmering emerald eyes. No amount of pretending could hide the painful truth eyes shed light on. Of course Harumi, being the observant person she was, picked up on this almost immediately. Bringing to her attention that not only did the brothers have some things they needed to work out but also that Lloyd was scared of the man in front of him. And there goes his good first impression for her. She craved to hear more, both intrigued by their mysterious background but also concerned for the blonde next to her, but she knew her place and did what she does best. Stay quiet and stay out of their personal matters unless Lloyd ever decides to open up about them to her. So fixated in her thoughts, she didn't catch Lee's gaze turning to her.