Chapter 1: Kai happened

Elena's pov

My name is Elena Gilbert. I have a younger brother, Jermey. The only family member left for me. My life was normal until my parents died.

I began to change. I was different. Sad? Yes. But it made me strong and fearless.

One day I met someone and I fell inlove with him madly. His name is Stefan. He was a mysterious very handsome young man, or thats what I thought. Until I discovered one of his secrets...He is a vampire.

It terrified me first, but didn't push me away from him. I loved him and we needed eachother. Until?

Until I met his older brother. A monster who must be stopped. All I knew about him was that his name is Damon, a vampire with no humanity at all.

Until I got too close and saw what's really on the inside. He never lets people see the good in him claiming that when people see good they expect good amd he didn't want to live upto anyone's expectations. He used to love the woman who turned them into vampires that he spent 145 years looking for her. How come such a person be so cruel? All the things that he has done has done for love.

We had a good friendship and I really tried not to fall inlove with him. He just consumed me. He got under my skin no matter what I did I never was able to get rid of him. Not like I wanted to anyway. For a long time I've been denying it. But I fell inlove with him in every way possible.

The hardest decision was having to choose between Stefan and Damon.

I didn't want to lose any of them, or ruin their relation.

I ended up chosing Stefan and crying because I knew loved Damon.

Damon loves being a vampire and he glories in it. He is a strong feirce vampire with powers. Although he's reckless, dangerous and interesting. I loved everything about him.

Then, I had an accident and I was turned into a vampire. Everything changed...

My real feelings were hightened and I found that Damon was my epic love. As much as I love Stefan as a person, Damon had always been my love, my savior, and my hero.

We had the best time ever together. He was my favourite person in the world. I adore him. He travelled through time and space to see me again.

When he and Bonnie finally came back from the other side...They bought something with them.

The cure.

The cure of vampirism. The thing that made me the happiest girl in the world! I never wanted to be a vampire!

Damon feared giving it to me cuz he feared that when I'm human he'd lose me. I also wanted to be with him and here was the delimma.

As usual, Damon is unpredictable*. No matter how much I loved him and how much I knew him he always surprised me.

He said he wanted to take the cure with me. Be human with me. At first, it did't seem right. I didn't want to force him into this. I told Stefan to make him think about it and imagine it. Not to rush in this decision cuz once he takes it there's no going back. And the Damon I knew would never want to be human.

At the day if Jo and Alaric's wedding Damon came to me and made it clear that it was his final decision. He looked at me with his sparkling eyes. I still imagine it exactly.

Damon: I've been a vampire for a long time, Elena. It's been a blast. But I'd give it up in a second to be your husbend, partner, father of your kids.

I told him that he can't take it just for me. But he said: No, I can. I can take it for us. The smallest chance of living a life with you is infinatly** better than an immortal one without you. And I know this, Elena. I love you.

Everything was going perfect. In that moment I imagined my house with Damon as the father of my kids. I imagined my happy life. My dream coming true. So, I took the cure. And I returned into a human again.

In the wedding, when Jo began to say her vow...Kai appeared. He killed her and made every single person in the wedding suffer or die or lose someone.

He ruined everything!! Then to make it worst, he linked my life to Bonnie's. So I'll not wake up until she dies...

*************

I didn't see or feel anything but I heard Damon yelling and sensed his presence.

Suddenly, I saw a white light. At that moment, before I knew what has really happened, I thought I was dying. The white light that comes before death when a human's heart stops pounding.

But wasn't just it.

I started seeing Matt, Jermey, Alaric, Carolin, Bonnie, Tylor, Stefan, Damon and told eachone the goodbye in my mind. I knew that they were trying to reach my thoughts so we can see eachother for the last time. As much as it was painful it was clearly a mess in the world they were. All were hurt, all were hopeless...

I wished I could help them but I found myself alone somewhere unknown.

I stood in an empty space thinking about nothing in particular and whitness** surrounding me.

******************

Hey guys!

Just saying be ready to explore the other side of the salvatores. That waa just a summary of what had happened in 6 seasons. I didn't want to go into the details cuz all of you surely know how things happened in the show. Stay tuned.

Love ya...keep reading ;)