Chapter 2: Angered Butterfly

Shinobu POV:
It's been two years since Tomioka died.. I miss him. I don't know how or why. As I was thinking I heard someone enter, I turn around and see Aoi. I put on a fake smile when she entered.
Shinobu: "Ah, Aoi! What's the matter?"
Aoi: "Just wanted to check up on you Miss Shinobu."
Shinobu: "How sweet! Thank you Aoi!"
Aoi: "Also your Master wanted me to inform you that the facility is almost complete."
Almost complete.. he wants to reason with demons. What are the chances that'll work. But his decision was final.
Aoi: "Miss Shinobu!"
Shinobu: "Ah sorry! Just thinking!"
Aoi: "I was saying that they may have found out the demons that killed the water Hashira."
Shinobu: "Who?!"
Aoi: "A group of seven. The only name known is Tanjiro."
How could he die to weak demons.. how pitiful.
Shinobu: "How sad! Truly truly solemn." Solemn: another definition for sad
Aoi: "It is. It is quite remarkable that weak demons could kill a Hashira. Don't you think?"
It's quite remarkable yes. But I would never praise such a thing. Never in my whole life will I praise a demon.
Shinobu: "It's more stranger but yes!"
Aoi: "I wonder why Master Kagaya is finding out more about those demons.."
Shinobu: "He probably has good reasons."
Aoi: "I should get back to laundry."
Shinobu: "Take a break Aoi. You've been at hard work all morning."
Aoi: "At your command Miss Shinobu."
Aoi left the room right after that. My smile slowly turned back into a frown as I get back to my research. I had gone to the place where he was killed and found some blood on a piece of his haori left back. I've been studying the blood for a long time. And it's quite mysterious. Those demons must've been more special then we thought. But yet they had also just became a demon so were incredibly weak. Why didn't Tomioka kill them? They must've cornered him... I was about to put my new information in my journal but then someone comes in again and I fake smile again and turn to them. It was Kanao this time.
Kanao: "I flipped a coin to either leave you alone or come consult with you." Consult: basically talking someone into changing something or to do something
Shinobu: "Ah, what about that?"
Kanao: "You've been in here for a long time. Can you attend dinner tonight? Me and our other sisters don't like eating at table alone without you."
Shinobu: "I'll try Kanao. I promise."
I'm not coming to dinner until I find out how Tomioka died to weak demons. I'm sorry Kanao. But I already had lost Kanae. Then I lost Tomioka. It angers me of how much demons take from us. All demons are so heartless.
Kanao: "What's the notebook right there?"
Shinobu: "Nothing! Don't worry Kanao!"
Kanao falls quiet and leave the room. She must know I'm keeping a secret. I finally write down my new information into my journal and close it and hid it. Naho, Kiyo and Sumi can be sneaky.. I take off my sister's haori and put it on my bed.
Shinobu: "What would Kanae do...?"
Kanae would forgive the demons. I don't have it in my heart to forgive demons. Kanae was pure. I'm not. I don't know how to be like Kanae.. but I must fulfill her wish of getting along with demons.. but how? I heard someone again and faked smiled and turned to see Kanroji Mitsuri.
Mitsuri: "Shinobu-chan.. we're all worried for you.."
Shinobu: "How thoughtful! But there's nothing to worry about!"
Mitsuri: "Shinobu-chan. Nothing is the wrong word."
Shinobu: "I'm just studying more powerful poisons. That's all."
Mitsuri: "... Okay."
Mitsuri leaves without another word. I didn't mean to anger or upset her, but I need my secrets to remain secrets. I can't afford them finding out I had found Giyu's haori our they'll never trust me again.
Shinobu: "Mitsuri...?"
Mitsuri walked back in after hearing me.
Mitsuri: "Yes Shinobu-chan?"
Shinobu: "I'll admit.. Giyu's death has devastated me. I spent this whole time solemn about his death.. I'm sorry for not telling you."
Mitsuri: "It's okay Shinobu-chan! You two must've been very close. I'm sure you'll get much better over time!"
Shinobu: "Thanks Mitsuri-san. I'm going to spend some time with my sisters."
Mitsuri: "Have fun!"
Mitsuri leaves after in a better mood. That was only half the truth. And I suppose some time away from my desk will help. But I still have so much to do. It's a shame how much time I haven't spent with my sisters. They'll be fine. I can't babysit them forever anyways. Kanae.. what do I do? Do I stop? Or do I dig deeper? I need guidance sister. I take out the piece of bloody fabric and try to examine it again. To see if I missed anything. Only a little bit of it is the demon blood. It's hard to examine over his real blood. I slam my fist on the desk in frustration. I only have two pages. I can't even find out the demon's blood type. This is much harder than I thought.. I think I should head back to find more clues.. maybe tonight.
[Back over by the Kamado house]
I walk up the mountain it was very snowy and difficult to navigate in. But I finally made it to that abandoned house. I've never thought of actually looking in there. I walk up to the house and open the door. There was a lot of blood. Absolutely everywhere I looked in here there was blood. Something bad must've happened here. That's way too much blood for it just to be Giyu's. I went inside to see if I could find anything. There's nothing else here but blood and ruined furniture. I wonder what happened here. Giyu died here so it must be where the demons used to live.