Ch. 9

█████████████

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐭³

█████████████

Taylor Tailheim was a baron's youngest son.

He had no great talent nor great connections. All he had was a single mana ring on his chest. He was not someone that would normally come to the royal road.

However, at present, he was invited to the royal palace.

"It would have been nice if it had been an honorable invitation with the seal of His Majesty the King," he said to himself.

Unfortunately, the seal imprinted on the invitation was not of His Majesty.

The invitation he received was sent by a prince called 'the shame of the royal court.'

The First Prince Idrienne Leonberger.

There was no hesitation in Taylor's footsteps toward the palace.

He had a job to do.

The royal palace is now visible. The family's achievements are incomparable, and the heart of their magnificent kingdom amazed him.

That idiot in there, though...

He walked faster, more determined.

But the resolution did not last long.

Within the great halls of the gorgeous palace, strangers walking in get humbled and awed. So, by the time he arrived at the First Palace, Taylor was completely enchanted.

What is this, this is just the First Prince's palace?

He was standing in a training room larger than his family's entire barracks.

As he waited for the First Prince's appearance, he heard voices echoing behind him. He turned and saw a boy with a fleshy face staring at him.

He does not look the part. He looks really squishy.

The person had an arrogant face and a bloated body that cannot be masked by his expensive clothes. He knew at first glance that this fat boy is the prince of disgrace.

"Talheim's youngest son, pay your respect to the First Prince!" a court knight dressed in golden armor announced rather loudly, startling him.

"Taylor, the youngest son of Tailhaim, greets Your Highness Idrenne Leonberger," he bowed, feigning respect he didn't feel.

"Huh. Okay," the prince replied bluntly and did not even respond with courtesy.

What an arrogant, insolent, vulgar boy! Whoo!

Taylor took a breath. He started to stretch out his tired arms and shoulders to relax his mind, but it wasn't easy to move around the First Prince. He could feel the court knights' gazes burning into him, and he was forced to retract his movement.

Be mindful.

Taylor shook his head and recalled the bad blood between his family and this unruly prince.

A few years ago, at a banquet, the First Prince insulted his father and elder brother. There was absolutely no reason for him to do so, they have just met!