Ch. 11 - 13

█████████████

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧¹

█████████████

Rumors spread that the hated First Prince started bringing single-chain knights into the palace.

It was also known that these invited people were members of families who had grudges against the prince.

These sparring partners have been given a perfect excuse to go to the palace and get their revenge.

People predicted that the prince would pay for his wrongdoings against these apprentices and single-chain knights.

Of course, the prince will not be put in a position where his life would be at stake, but they thought that getting hurt would be inevitable.

It is well-known that the prince couldn't wield the sword.

The people are excited about it and waited for news about the outcome of the matches.

However, no matter how long they have waited, they heard nothing, only rumors.

One rumor was that the youngest son of Baron Tailheim, who was the first sparring partner, arrived at the royal palace.

I will avenge my family's honor.

However, they didn't hear anything about the result of the match.

The same thing happened when the eldest son of a rural writer who was embarrassed at the palace was invited.

I will wield my sword on behalf of my father and the nobles of the kingdom.

There was no news as well after an apprentice knight, who was burning with determination, went in.

Fourth, fifth... seventh...

There were rumors of people coming into the palace for sparring, but no news of what happened after that.

People thought that sparring partners had been silenced. The prince would do anything to save his face.

Some people even thought that those who went in were detained.

Some people who couldn't resist their curiosity anymore went out to search for the youngest son of Baron Tailheim to find out what happened in the sparring match.

The answer he gave was completely different from what people expected.

"He seems to be misunderstood. The First Prince was not as bad as the rumors go," he said.

Even when the unfortunate history against his family was brought up, the youngest son of Baron Tailheim did not abandon his favorable attitude towards the prince.

"His Highness explained that what happened in the past was a misunderstanding," he continued to explain, "and father has already accepted it."

"So, what was the result of the sparring match?" the people wanted to know.

"I did my best... that's it."

People began talking about the answers they got from Baron Tailheim's youngest son.

He must have been threatened to keep his mouth shut.

Or, he could have been bought by gold and silver so that no words were spoken about the sparring outcome.

There was no disagreement - something was definitely suspicious about this.

Even the other sparring partners have not spoken in detail.