FOREVER RAIN

The sound of the rain and piano keys. What is this music that wrenches my heart? Drop falling. Falling onto me. Burning me. The ripples on the ground. Puddles I want to jump. And you standing still with a cap covering your face.

"I wish it rains all day".

I do sincerely wish that. But it burns my skin. It burns my skin knowing I shared this with someone. Someone who left. Young and Broken Promises. Crumpled up hopes of the future and yes, I indeed want to hide my face under the umbrella. But the drop burns through it as well. Why are you looking down? Do you have darkness to hide like me? do you want it to wash away your worries? Me too.

Life is moving so fast and yet I feel myself wanting to slow down. Wanting to cry in the rain. Burn me with the phoenix that resides in me and not revive me from the ashes. On this path that you are walking on, I want to hold you and tell you it's okay to slow down. It's okay to let go and it's okay to feel the drops on you. Don't walk towards the darkness alone. Is your reflection scaring you? Are the thoughts consuming you?

"I don't live because I can't die, but I am chained to something".

I feel the shackles everywhere. Bruising me, tainting me, and telling me that I can't escape. I know you feel them too. Entering this life wasn't easy and you above all, decided to do something for others. I know that thinking about yourself before someone scares you. But I promise this while holding your hand, you are selfless. You are loved. You can break free, let go and the wounds will heal. Don't cover up your scars. I like them.

"Maybe embrace my weary body".

Alone in this world, walking without an end and probably pushing yourself into the devils' within. Rain is your solace. Rain should be my solace but then why does it hurt me? Why do I tear up watching the drops fall? Are the skies crying with me? Are the skies tearing themselves apart as well? Are we both in pain? Is that why we are together? Under the same sky.

"Forever rain".

This rain will bring you the rainbow, make the drops bow down at your feet while some adorn your dimples. Don't be reticent. We are together. Together hold onto each other and never let go. You took off your mask and let yourself wet in the rain. Did it wash away your pain? Why do I still feel mine? Will you heal me? Will you be my rain?

It feels good to look up at the pouring sky and grey curtains. It feels liberating to close your eyes and let the rain be your mate. Weave your hand through your wet hair and tell me how you feel. Maybe hearing you will set me free. Watch the world embrace you.

I am still healing. Maybe I will feel it someday.

Be my Rain. And Rainbow.