CHAPTER - 25

Y/N's POV :

Getting drenched in rain, I stood here with heavy heart looking at her casket as they slowly lowered it to the ground. Everyone had tears in their eyes, even sky was shedding tears on this day, except me.

I didn't cry, not even once.

Mina and Chaeyoung were standing beside me with teary eyes, trying so hard to comfort me but it went in vain. They were saying something but I couldn't decipher their words.

As soon as the funeral ended, I turned around and left. I could hear Mina following me behind but she was stopped by Chaeyoung. I sat inside my car and drove toward my apartment.

My mind still couldn't comprehend that she was gone. I know it was bound to happen but that doesn't mean it will hurt less.

My Grandma.

Two days after I left for my trip, I got a call from my mom saying that grandma passed away. She just slept the night before and never woke up. I was in the middle of an important meeting but I didn't cared.

After hearing that, I quickly went to my hotel and packed my belongings then took a flight to come back here.

She had so many wishes, she wanted to complete. She wanted to witness me getting married with the love of my life. She wanted to play with my kids but she never got the chance to do all that.

She was the one who raised me and stayed with me when my parents were too busy to focus on their daughter.

She was my bestfriend.

I parked my car on it's spot and stepped out. I walked toward my apartment and entered inside. The rain has stopped but my clothes were still wet so I quickly went to my bedroom to change my clothes.

I haven't left my apartment since I came here, which was two days ago. I feel like my thoughts will make my head explode that's why I'm not going to stay here any longer.

Beside, I also promised Lisa that I will come back after 3 days and it's the 4th day. I wore different clothes then walked out of my room when my eyes landed on a familiar picture.

It was from my high school graduation.

When Grandma came to attend the ceremony after my parents said they were too busy to do so.

I remember being so happy after seeing her.

She had a proud smile on her face while I was just smiling like a stupid kid, happy to see her there. I quickly looked away when I felt my eyes filling with tears and left.

I drove toward the hospital and stepped out after parking my car on it's parking spot

I drove toward the hospital and stepped out after parking my car on it's parking spot. It was evening and the sky was already getting a little bit dark.

I stepped inside her room to see her sitting on her wheelchair at the same spot like some days before, infront of the window looking outside.

Rosé wasn't here, maybe she went outside to do something. I picked up the small chair and placed it beside her wheelchair and sat.

She looked at me for a second then turned her gaze away, as always. I just sighed and focused on my hands instead, without saying anything.

Six months have passed since I met her again and have been trying to make her talk but still no improvement. I talk about silly things with her and laugh but that doesn't mean my heart don't ache everytime she ignores me.

I'm not losing hope. I will keep trying after some days but today, I just don't have the energy to talk about anything. I feel exhausted. I came here because her presence comforts me. Just sitting beside her makes me feel a little better than before.

My grandma knew about me meeting Lisa again. The last time I talked to her she told me to never lose and keep trying because she liked Lisa. I never thought that it will be the last time I would talk with her but future is unpredictable.

I wish I could talk to her again.

Memories from when I was a kid playing with grandma flashed in my mind causing tears to fill in my eyes again. I remembered every story she told me as a kid. I have learnt everything from her and she is the reason behind my success.

Otherwise I would have given up a long ago, after my parents forget about me and tossed me aside.

This time I wasn't able to stop myself causing a tear to roll down my cheeks. I was too busy in my own thoughts that I didn't even realised when someone softly wiped that single tear away.

Realisation hit me like a truck and I turned my head with a lightning speed to look beside me.

Lisa.

It was her.

____________________
I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU SO MUCH LOVE
THAT WHEN YOU SEE A SHOOTING STAR
OUT THERE IN THE NIGHT SKY,
YOU NO LONGER FEEL THE NEED
TO WISH FOR ANYTHING ELSE.