Part 7

As I enter the school building, I'm immediately rushed by Normani "you have some explaining to do" I look over to my right where she was coming from "explain what?" Don't play dumb with me Lauren Michelle Jauregui, I heard you went on a date, that you didn't come home till late at night" we are walking up the stairs of the school to head towards my locker but when she said that I stopped dead in my tracks "Normani who told you that?" I turn over to look at her slowly, she could tell I was a bit mad and that I didn't know what she was talking about.

she paused before she finally spoke up "well yesterday Anthony was asking me about...you... and he went on to tell me about how you weren't answering his text messages because you were on a date with some guy and that you didn't message him until after your date" as we reach towards the top of the stairs my mood was completely ruined. 

"I wasn't even on a date... I went to the amusement park with Camila and her sister" as we were heading towards my locker Normani just had a confused look on her face "how do you know Camila? why were you out with her? and why does Anthony think you were on a date?" 

After I put my things away and grab my books, I shut my locker a little harder than usual, Anthony isn't even here, and I am already bothered by him. "Camila is on the soccer team with me, she invited me to hang out with her at the amusement park because she had an extra ticket and her friends couldn't go with her and Anthony needs to relax, I told him I was out with a friend, and he was starting to overreact." she has a look on her face like she is taking everything I told her in "What? do you not like Camila?" I completely forgot about what Camila told me about thinking that Mani doesn't like her, I forgot until now "I don't hate her I just find her and her friends annoying. Honestly most of the people in her class I find annoying." I can't even fathom what Mani is telling me right now. 

"You should communicate better to Anthony then." Mani is getting on my nerves right now. "Why do I need to do that?" "well, I mean if you want to get back with him then you need to let him know that you aren't going on dates with anyone, and start hanging out with him more often" I actually can't believe her, Mani is supposed to be on my side in this, I get she wants me to be happy and start dating but this isn't the way to get me to start dating someone. By the grace of the gods the bell rang, meaning we had to get to class. "You know what Normani; I don't want to talk about this anymore." "bu-" "bye Mani, I'll see you later." 

-

My first period is being a TA for the school office with Johnny, we don't really do anything, we are allowed to just do homework and if someone needs help with something and we have permission we can help but if it's more complicated, we just take a note for the office lady so that she can deal with it later. I'm honestly glad that I don't have to be learning something first thing in the morning. 

"what's up loser" I hear from Johnny, he came late, as usual, I roll my eyes "sup" popping the p at the end. "You good? I uh heard something... from Anthony" I'm already over it, who hasn't this guy told. "I don't want to talk about it honestly let's leave it yeah?" there was tension in the air, and it was thick "I'm sorry johnny, I'm just not having a good morning, I don't mean to be a bitch" he just looked at me and just smiled and told me it was okay, Johnny and I proceeded to study for our math test we had next class in silence. 

I love johnny but I know he has his opinions about gay people. He is such an amazing friend, but he doesn't agree with it, he isn't the type to voice his opinions negatively towards the person, he keeps quiet about it. Johnny and I have been friends for over a year now and this friendship I have with him is something I'm scared of losing because of my sexuality. Anthony is his best friend so I can't even tell him my opinions about Anthony and why I feel like that because he'll just go and tell him. "Hey, I'll be right back I have to go use the bathroom" I look at him as he's getting up from his chair "have fun soldier." he just smiles as he leaves the office.