The Prologue

Yuánsù Qīwěi Láng, the Seven-tailed Wolf of Elements, was one of the Jade Emperor's greatest warriors, Master of the seven elements of the mortal realm. Though, like many of the other Celestial beings, she wasn't aware of the plight of the mortals.

When she met the Monkey King, she was amazed by his fearlessness when disobeying and disrespecting the Jade Emperor. And when she learned that he and a few other rebels had formed a brotherhood with the Six-earred Macaque and DBK, the Jade Emperor tasked her with spying on them to learn their plans and tell him.

So Yuà pretended to be another who disapproved of the Jade Emperor's reign, getting close to Sun Wu-Kong to learn their plans for rebellion. But as she spent time with them, she had slowly but surely begun to care about the brotherhood, and began to understand their cause when she saw how many people were suffering and the Jade Emperor did nothing about it. Now Yuà was left conflicted on who she should aid: Her Emperor who turned a blind eye to the people below in pain, or the rebels who only wished to better the world. She approached the Jade Emperor, urging him to understand why the Brotherhood were doing this and to actually help the Mortal Realm, but then learns a terrible secret: the Jade Emperor's power was the only thing keeping the universe from literally getting torn apart and only he had the strength to contain it, anyone else would only be met with complete eradication.

And so Yuà, fearful that Wu-Kong would be torn apart from the inside out, made the impossible choice, that she regretted to no end: She betrayed the Brotherhood and revealed their plans to the Emperor. And so with this knowledge, the Brotherhood's revolution ended in failure, with Azure Lion, Golden Wing Peng, Yellow Tusk the Wise, Macaque and DBK banished forever and Sun Wu-Kong to be imprisoned under a Mountain. The glare he gave her before he was imprisoned scarred her heart forever.

Even so, Yuà still wished to help the mortals and to give Wu-Kong his freedom. And so after pleading to the Emperor she and the Great Monk freed Wu-Kong and tasked him with protecting Tang Sanzang. Over time they met Zhu Bajie, Sha Wujing and Ao Lie and with patience She earned Wu-Kong's forgiveness.

...And soon, friendship became something more. Yuà knew that if she allowed herself to be in love with Wu-Kong she'd never be welcomed in the Celestial Realm, but she didn't care, all she wanted was to be with him.

However over time, after seeing the mortal beings with their families, Yuà began to desire having a child of her own. Unfortunately as a Celestial Being she couldn't have one like the mortals could. But when she learned of how Red Son, child of Raksasi and the Demon Bull King, was born, she found the inspiration she needed to create their own child.

...however, because of the mad ideals of the Lady Bone Demon, Yuà and their new son were stripped away from Wu-Kong as means of forcing him to aid her. Of course Wu-Kong managed to save them and the Lady Bone Demon was sealed away but their child was greatly injured. The Great Monk managed to save him but said it would take many centuries for him to awaken and that he would not remember them as his parents. Fearful that someone else would target their child to get to them, especially now that Wu-Kong no longer had his staff, Yuà decided to hide among the mortals and asked the Great Monk that when he was chronicling the Journey to the West, he would exclude anything about her in it, fearing someone may come for her.

And so as centuries went by Yuà's child was healed but held no memory of her or Wu-Kong, and she raised him thinking she was simply his Guardian who took him in with the help of the decendant of Zhu Bajie, Pigsy and named him MK.

And this, is where her part in the Monkie Kid's story begins.