Chapter 9: The Great Escape

Ace and Yamato moved swiftly and silently through the dark corridors of Onigashima, their synchronized steps reminiscent of a graceful dance. Yamato's ability to transform into a smaller form became their greatest advantage, allowing them to navigate tight spaces and remain hidden from prying eyes.

With every turn, they evaded guards and bypassed security measures. Ace's instincts and Yamato's agility proved to be an unbeatable combination. The thrill of their escape coursed through their veins, overshadowing any fear or doubt.

As they neared the exit, an alarm blared, its shrill sound piercing the air. Their time was running out. The stronghold buzzed with activity as Kaido's forces scrambled to locate the escaped prisoners.

But Ace and Yamato were already one step ahead. They burst through the final doorway, stepping out into the moonlit night, where freedom awaited them. The cool breeze brushed against their faces, carrying with it a taste of liberation.

However, their momentary relief was short-lived, for a distant roar indicated that Kaido had been alerted to their escape. Time was of the essence. With hearts pounding and adrenaline surging through their veins, they sprinted towards the cover of darkness, leaving the stronghold and its pursuers behind.

Kaido, fueled by anger and frustration, arrived at Yamato's cell, only to find it empty. His thunderous roar echoed through the halls, shaking the very foundation of Onigashima. The entire stronghold trembled in response, a testament to the pirate king's wrath.

But by the time Kaido reached the exit, Ace and Yamato were long gone, leaving only faint traces of their presence behind. Their daring escape had succeeded, leaving Kaido seething with rage and their pursuers futilely scrambling to catch up.

As they fled into the night, Ace and Yamato knew that their journey had only just begun. With the wind at their backs and the stars guiding their path, they ran side by side, bound together by their love, their determination, and the shared dream of a world free from the clutches of tyranny.