2 : need

° luke °

I had just gotten out of the shower. Wet hair, basketball shorts, plain white t-shirt. Vulnerable.

I was slipping on some Vans when I heard a knock at the door.
"I'll be out in a second, Mike." Michael had mentioned wanting to shower, so I assumed it was him. I took a towel to dry my hair with and exited the bathroom.
"There you go...", I trailed off. I looked around but Michael was nowhere to be found. I shrugged it off and made my way across the venue to the dressing room. I saw Ashton twirling drumsticks and making his way outside.

"Hey, Ash, have you seen Michael?", I questioned.

He thought before answering, "I think he's been in the dressing room since the show ended."

I nodded and Ashton continued outside, leaving me alone on my trek to the dressing room. Footsteps began to echo behind me. I turned around to face the culprit; however, when I looked, there was nothing. I shook my head, trying to shake the paranoia. The feeling of someone watching me was driving me crazy, bringing goosebumps up my arms. I kept walking, faster now, hoping to get to the room speedily. Out of nowhere, something hit my back, knocking me to my knees. I tried to scramble to my feet but I was pushed back down. I gasped in, trying to regain the breath that was just knocked out of me. At the same time, my mouth and nose were covered by a cloth. I struggled to remove the arm but I was getting tired quickly. I blacked out, feeling myself fall to the ground. I glanced up weakly and saw a teenage girl. I sputtered out words as I tried to form a coherent thought.
"It's okay, Luke. You're alright.", the girl shushed me. I felt her arms loop underneath my armpits and my body start to be dragged. I fought to stay awake though my frail body desperately wanted to shut down. I heard the girl grunting as she pulled me up an incline. My feeble eyes attempted to take in my surroundings: white, metal walls and floor. My automatic assumption was the back of a van, though my brain was mush. I felt a hand run through my still dampened hair. My groans of protest were lost in my throat as I finally passed out. What seemed like lightyears later, I recognized a familiar voice.

"Lu-"

My eyes creeped open and landed on a sluggish-looking Michael, his hand outstretched to me. I gathered my remaining coherency and plunked my hand on top of his. His hand holding mine snugly was the last thing I felt before passing out again.