enchanted

Raegan (ray-gan)

Oh my gosh. Did I just meet Kaiden fucking Moore? The Kaiden Alexandre Moore (yes I know her middle name), the girl I've had a crush on for the past year? I believe I did, and I'm currently floating on cloud nine. I'm not sure how I kept my calm as we were talking and heading towards the dining hall together!

When I walked into the hall, I dialed my best friend and teammate Emma's number, and she answered on the fifth ring. "Oh my gosh! Where are you? I just met-oh my gosh I can't do this over the phone!" I said when she picked up.

"We're near the Filipino food bar because we figured you'd want to eat Filo food. Who did you meet, though? " Emma calmly said, as I examined the map on the side of the doors to determine where they were.

"I'll tell you in person, oh my gosh I don't even know how I managed my cool. Can you stand and wave your hand? I'm on the escalator and I can already see the food bar, but not you guys." As I approached the top of the escalator, I surveyed the hall for Emma, who was standing and waving her hand to attract my attention. I dashed up the remaining stairwells till I reached her.

"You know you could've walked right?" I heard Emma exclaim as I approached her. "I-i just met Kai-Kaiden Moore." I told Emma while catching my breath. I saw her scrunch her eyebrows but smile at me after she realized what I said. Emma drew me down to a chair and demanded that I tell her everything that had happened during our encounter. I told her about how Kaiden had bumped my back and how I tried to hide my surprise when I realized it was my crush who had done it.

After informing Emma what had happened, I took her to the food bar with me so I could get something to eat. "I was about to scream at her when she bumped into me because I was still upset at you for leaving me in our room. But oh my gosh I don't know what to say. I didn't expect to meet her here." I told Emma while we waited in line at the food bar.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't want to wake you up because you were sleeping soundly and I didn't want to dist—wait, don't you follow her on Instagram? " Emma inquired, interrupting her explanation. Gosh, she's so random sometimes.

"Yeah, I follow her. Why? What's wrong with that?" I replied. "By the way, she was with Ellie when I saw her, and they were holding hands."

"What's wrong with that? Rae! Are you kidding?!? She'll think you're odd because you pretended you didn't know her. You need to unfollow her or it'll be awkward the next time you see each other." she reasoned, "And Ellie? Ellie who? Carpenter?"

"If we see each other again and yeah, Ellie Carpenter, their hands were like, linked." I remarked, a bit confused and sad. I took my phone from my back pocket, went to Kaiden's profile but contemplated on unfollowing her or not.

"Well, the odds of you seeing her again are high, you know, considering Kelley's playing against them; aren't you planning to watch that game?" Emma inquired as I surveyed the food bar for possible options. I saw grilled pork and it made my mouth water, but I decided to go with the fried tilapia because I had a race coming up in a few days. Of course, I got some rice with it and a delicious squash soup.

"Yeah, I am. Our teammates are only swimming heats that afternoon and we would be done with our event before the 27th so I decided to come and support my dear cousin. Do you want to come with me?" I answered Emma after I got out of line with my food.

"Are you sure you're coming for Kelley and not dear Kaiden?" Emma teased, a knowing grin on her face. I pretended not to hear what she said and continued walking towards where our other teammates were. I sat down in front of Katie, the youngest swimmer out of all of us.

"Hey Katie! How's your day so far?" I asked her so that I could continue avoiding Emma's question. I think Katie knew what I was doing because she was holding a laugh in while she gave me her answer.

"Good! So excited to be here! How about you Rae?" She questioned me back. I smiled a bit but that faded when Emma answered for me.

"She met Kaiden!" Emma blurted out. Everyone at our table heard what she said and looked at the both of us. Some of them gave me teasing gazes and smirks. I immediately felt my face heat up. I felt my phone vibrate saving me from this embarrassing moment caused by my best friend. I took my phone out and saw that Kelley was calling me. I excused myself and went out to the outdoor seating area of the food hall to answer Kelley's call.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you for saving me from that embarrassing moment!" I told Kelley.

"Why what happened? You seem a bit nervous. You're on speaker by the way. Alex is here" I don't lie to Kelley, so I was contemplating if I was going to answer her question. But in the end, I took a deep breath before revealing the reason for the nervousness behind my voice.

"I met Kaiden before lunch today." I kind of whispered to the phone afraid that people would hear what I had just revealed to Kelley. On the other side of the phone I can hear Kelley trying not to laugh at how I told her what happened.

"Babe!" I heard Alex shout at Kelley, a bit of disappointment in her voice.

"Don't fucking laugh at me Kelley Maureen! That was the most nervous I've been and you know how nervous I get before my races." I rant out to her. I can hear Alex scolding her a little bit on the other end of the line and I can't help but smile a little bit about their relationship.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop teasing her now." Kelley replies to Alex. I heard her shuffling around followed by the door being slid shut. "Sorry Rae, just really love to tease you."

"I know. I need your opinion, by the way." I asked her.

"Go on." She replied.

"Emma said I should unfollow Kaiden on instagram because she'll think I'm weird. I acted like I didn't know who she was when she bumped into me." I said with a sigh. Looking back at our interaction, I really think I was a bit stupid for acting like I didn't know her. It's just that I felt an overwhelming feeling in my heart. You know when people say that they have butterflies in their stomach? I felt that but I felt all those butterflies fluttering their wings around my heart.

"Well, she can just think that you followed her after your interaction earlier. From what I've heard from Sam she's really not that big into social media she probably won't care either way." I groan at her answer. I really feel stupid right now. I don't really know how to explain how I feel. I've had a big freakin' crush on that girl for the past year. I never thought I would meet her even though the odds are huge with KELLEY O'HARA being my cousin. Am I in a state of gay panic?!?

"Kels I think I'm gay panicking." I tell her as I feel my heart beat faster. I could feel my breathing pick up a bit and Kelley noticed it too.

"Okay, Rae calm down. Deep breaths for me please I don't want you to go into a full on panic attack. Inhale, Exhale." I followed her instructions. "That's it, very good sweetie. Again. Inhale, Exhale." It took a while but I felt myself calm down a bit.

"Thanks Kel. You're the best cousin ever. I might have to end this call now though I still haven't finished eating my lunch. I'll see you soon." I heard Kelley sigh a breath of relief after hearing normalcy in my voice.

"Don't let Erin and Jerry hear you say that. Love you kid! See you soon!" I laughed and ended the call with a sigh of relief.

*ping*

[raegan.gvr]: Kaiden Moore (kai.mooreee) started following you.

Oh. I guess it's too late to unfollow her now.