Prologue: The Survivor

[DREAM SEQUENCE]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

???: Remember... Trust only... In the Force.

_______________________________________

(2ND PERSON P.O.V)

Five years after the end of the Clone Wars, a former Jedi knight works in an illegal junkyard on the biggest ship Port in the world, scrapping ships from the 2nd Honkai Eruption.

The Honkai is a reoccurring cataclysm coming in different forms such as: Honkai Beasts, plagues, an ice age, illness, etc. for the sole purpose of exterminating civilization. Honkai corresponds with that civilization's advancement, meaning the more it progresses, the more Honkai does as well. The force behind Honkai is the Will of Honkai.

In the more grand scheme of things, Honkai is a form of natural selection, "pruning" weak worlds from the branches of the Imaginary tree, to ensure that only strong worlds survive.

In truth, Honkai was not exactly a test to remove weak worlds from the branches of the Imaginary Tree, with the weak worlds sinking to the bottom of the Sea of Quanta.

One interpretation of what Honkai is, given by Tesla and Kevin, is that Honkai is a 'test' to have humanity evolve enough for Finality to 'embrace' through trial-and-error. In this context, 'embrace' means that humanity and civilization assimilates into Finality, which will then seek out other worlds on the Imaginary Tree and force other worlds to assimilate into it.

A masked young man is working on repairs and listening to J-rock music on one of countless work docks on Shanghai when an old friend his, taps him on the shoulder.

???: Listen, I don't want to upset your rhythm (Y/N), but the boss wants a word.

The young man takes off his mask and heaphones and follows his friends.

???: Could be good for us...here he is chief.

The "chief" in question is an arrogant, sassy, loud fat man.

Foreman: An error has been detected on line Ten-A. Hauler clamps are jammed. I need two workers to climb up and secure the cables.

You: That's not an easy maneuver.

Foreman: The guild will double your pay for this shift.

???: Come on, (Y/N). Little extra score, that couldn't hurt. Huh?

You: Okay.

???: Alright, let's go.

Foreman: Get to work!

Your friend begins running across the large platform, and then you follow closely.

As they talk, they climb over seemingly random crates and walls, while other workers chatter in the background.

???: This way!

You: I'm right behind you!

Scrapper #1: The 2nd Eruption was fierce.

Scrapper #2: Couldn't pay me enough to salvage live munitions. Them crazy riggers can't seem to understand that.

???: Up here. After you kid.

You come up on a view of the scrapyards as a massive battleship is brought down out of orbit for scrapping.

???: Will you look at that - Schicksal's gunship. Haven't seen one of these in ages.