Chapter 1 - First Day

A/N: HERE WE GO Y'ALL I'M SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS :D

Winter's POV

Beep Beep--Beep Beep---Beep Beep

"Alright! I'm up, I'm up..." Winter said, jumping out of his bed and slamming his alarm clock.

He glanced at his calendar and noticed that today was circled. 

Wait, why did I circle today?

OH SHOOT TODAY'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

And it wasn't JUST the first day of SCHOOL, it was the first day of HIGH school.

Winter certainly wasn't pumped for today.

But, school was much better than staying home. Staying at home, well, his older sister, Icicle, was really annoying. And his parents, Narwhal and Tundra, weren't any less. They yell at him for pretty much everything. The only person Winter really cared about in his family was his older brother, Hailstorm. Hailstorm was an amazing brother, but too bad he has to go to college. His family may seem all rich and everything and own a huge business, but to Winter, his family was a mess.

And so was he.

Winter got dressed in a light blue t-shirt and gray jeans, grabbed his backpack, and went downstairs for breakfast.

As usual, his parents were boasting about how well Icicle did in some math competition she won. Winter just ignored them and focused on eating his Lucky Charms.

"Icicle did absolutely great! She aced it!" Tundra said.

"Winter, why don't you do something like that, follow your sister's footsteps?" Narwhal asked.

The only thing that his parents let him do was get a dog, but that was only because Hailstorm badgered them everyday. Winter had named him Bandit.

Winter fed Bandit and scratched him behind his ear. He felt like Bandit was the only one who actually cared about him and knew how he felt. But Winter obviously couldn't do anything about his abusive parents, since he was a coward.

As soon as Winter stepped out of his house and onto the bus with Icicle trailing behind him, he put his earbuds in. He was already fed up of his parents and he didn't want to listen to Icicle's bragging. Winter went all the way to the back of the bus, far away from anybody else, and took a seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moon's POV

"Did you pack your lunch? You didn't forget your phone, did you? Did you--"

"I didn't forget anything, Mom! Promise!" Moon said.

"Alright, well, have a great first day of school! Make new friends and have fun!" Secretkeeper said gleefully.

Yeah, right.

"I will," Moon said, turning around and rolling her eyes.

"Love you, sweetheart!

"Love you, Mom."

Moon always thought that her mom was always way too overprotective over her. Moon was kind of thankful for that though, since she sucked at making new friends and socializing. She didn't want to go to high school, but what could she do about it? And if she wanted a good impression from others, then she better be there for the first few days.

Moon climbed up the stairs of the bus and took a seat next to the most random person she found. Turns out, it was a girl with blond hair with purple highlights. She wore an orange shirt with a pineapple on it with rainbow leggings.