Chapter 10: Pheonix

A rustle came from the other side of the room. The Phoenix turned slowly.

McGonagalls eyes widened. As he flew or Mattheo had started to look up and saw the Phoenix softly crying on my wound.

"Mattheo, how am I alive?" I groggily asked as I sat up.

The Phoenix nuzzled against me as he slowly turned to ash.

Mattheo hugged me and cupped my face.

"Y/n, never leave me again." He hugged me and looked over at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore smiled and reassured us,

"Voldemort will be dealt with, we will have more safety precautions. But most importantly, y/n is alive! Professor McGonagall, would you mind escorting them to the dorms? They both need their rest."

She nodded and leaded us to the Common Room

Mattheo sat next to me and rubbed my back.

"You doing ok?"

"I'm not dead, so I say pretty good."

"We need to talk."

I walked up to his dorm and walked in to Mattheo sitting on his bed with his face in his hands. I sat down and looked towards him.

"Mattheo what is wrong?"

"I let you get hurt. I promised you and myself I wouldn't let anything bad happened to you and I did."

"But Mattheo I'm fine-"

"YOU ALMOST FUCKING DIED!" He sobbed and looked down in shame.

I slowly turned his head toward mine and kissed him.

"It's not your fault. You have done nothing wrong. You and your father aren't the same person."

He ran his fingers through my hair.

"What if you get hurt again? I can't lose you, I love you."

His eyes widened after he realized what he just said.

I kissed him and put my head into his chest.

"I love you to. I survived once, I will again."

He cuddled me and fell asleep.

Authors note
Sorry this one was so short. I'm on a trip and there is not great service.