Chapter 21: Hell Or High Water

I wake up expecting to be next to Mattheo. I'm not. Panic erupts in my chest. I grab whatever clothes I can find and go to the kitchen.

"Mattheo?"

I yell thinking I'll get a response. Silence follows.

"Dammit. Mattheo!"

I yell louder. I look towards the door to the cottage. It's open.

"Fuck."

A tear drops down my face as I run to the door.

Mattheo suddenly comes around the corner, wood in hand. Tears still run down my face as my breathing staggers.

"Woah y/n. Hey what's wrong?"

He sets the wood down by the fireplace and sits down on the couch. I follow and lay in his arms.

"You weren't next to me. I thought you were gone. Then I saw the door open and assumed the worst-"

He wipes my tears softly kissing my cheek.

"That's my bad. I'm sorry."

I start to breathe normally again, my tears subsiding.

"This is a lot more pressure than I thought."

I say still shaken.

"I'm giving you an out if you want one."

I turn to Mattheo.

"An out? What do you mean an out?"

He runs his hands through my hair.

"I love you, and last time I checked you love me, although I understand if that's changed in the past day and a half."

We both laugh. Mattheo kisses me and grabs my hand.

"I know we both love eachother. But, being with me puts your life on the line and also puts you constantly in danger and on edge. So I'm saying I  will always want you and love you, but I'm giving you an out if you want one."

I smile and kiss his lips softly.

"Not a chance in hell."

He kisses me back after.

"Thank god. I thought I was going to have to hold in a lot of tears."

I sigh and lay on his chest.

"We're going to have to go back at some point."

He strokes my shoulder and holds me.

"I know."

We lay there for a while. I hear his heartbeat. It's the best music I've ever heard.

The next morning we sit at the table and discuss our game plan. Mattheo starts.

"So we should leave tomorrow most likely. The weather will be best and it's a holiday so hardly anyone will be at Hogwarts."

I nod.

"Sounds good."

He gets up and washes his hands. He turns around and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"So two nights ago..."

I laugh.

"Regret it yet?"

He shakes his head.

"No not at all. I just was wondering if you are on anything considering I didn't pull out."

I stand up and walk towards him.

"IUD. You have nothing to worry about."

He smiles.

"Ok I was hoping you'd say that. As much as I love you, I can't have kids yet."

I laugh and nod.

"Even though we don't want kids, I think the process is fun."

I wink at him waiting for his response. He walks towards me and grabs my waist.

"If you think it's just 'fun' you have another thing coming darling."

I gulp. He kisses my neck trailing down to my collarbone. Suddenly he stops.

"What?"

He smirks and grabs a glass of water.

"I don't know. I feel like it's a great day to clean, maybe read a book?"

I groan and grab some water from the faucet, splashing it on him.

"Darling you just got yourself into a mess."

He throws the water from his glass at me. We fight back and forth until we're soaked.

"Damn you Mattheo."

He laughs and goes to grab a towel. I go to the couch until I feel a hand over my mouth.

"Stay quiet and you live, so does your little boyfriend."

I stand still. My body barely registers what's going on before I hear footsteps.

"Y/n I was wondering if tonight we could-"

He turns pale as he turns to the person behind me.

"I see that scar healed y/n. Should've thrown it harder."

Bellatrix.

"Mattheo, your father wants you to see him. Until then this pretty little thing is mine."

She drags her finger across my chin as tears fall down my face. Mattheo walks slowly towards us.

"Bellatrix please I'll do anything. Just please don't-"

I hear the cottage door open and within a second Bellatrix falls to the floor.

"About time that bitch stopped talking. Her voice is like nails on a chalk board."

Mattheo runs up to me.

"Thank you Lorenzo. Thank you so fucking much."

I turn still pale and shaky.

"Enzo?"

He smiles and hugs me.

"Who else? Well actually they're all waiting and we gotta go she won't be out for long."

Mattheo holds me into his chest.

"Lorenzo go where?"

He sighs and whispers something to Mattheo. His face has lost any color.

"Y/n, love please go grab anything necessary that we brought."

I look at Enzo, Mattheo, then back again.

"Ya no."

I sit down on the couch, my arms crossed.

"Darling this isn't up for discussion."

I stand up and look straight into his eyes.

"You will tell me what is going on. I'm not a little mouse who can't tell a trap from food. So start talking or we deal with her." I point at Bellatrix.

Enzo sighs and crosses his arms.

"There is a target on all of our backs."

I stutter confused.

"A-All of us? What do you mean Enzo?"

Mattheo grabs my hand, his face still pale.

"Mattheo, Theo, Draco, Pansy, you, and I all have targets on our backs."

Enzo says still looking at Bellatrix.

"We warned you at the party to run. So now we're all on his hit list."

My face goes pale again.

"I'll get a bag."

I don't protest. I barely speak as I'm packing the clothes and some food. My mind tells me to run but something doesn't feel right. Either way, we're all in danger, and there is no way in hell I'm leaving with peace of mind.