Chapter 13

May 2, 2003

My heart was pounding in my chest as I mustered up the courage to ask Hermione for help. It had been five long years since I accidentally cast a spell on myself during my gender reveal party, erasing precious memories of Draco, the man I once loved. The desire to regain those memories had been gnawing at me, and I knew Hermione, with her expertise in magic, was my best shot at finding them again.

Hermione was over at my house, and I knew it was now or never. With a nervous flutter in my chest, I approached Hermione, trying to steady my voice. "Hey, can I talk to you about something really important?" I asked, my gaze fixed on the floor.

Hermione, always perceptive, looked at me with kindness and nodded. "Of course, Sofia. You know I'm here for you. What's on your mind?"

Taking a deep breath, I gazed into her eyes and asked if she would be willing to assist me in regaining my lost memories of Draco. To my immense relief, Hermione's eyes softened with understanding. With a warm smile, she reassured me, "I'll do everything I can to help you, Sofia. I've been studying advanced memory charms, and I believe we can find a way to restore what you've lost."

Tears welled up in my eyes as relief flooded over me. I couldn't believe that I was finally on the path to recovering what I had thought was lost forever. I embraced Hermione tightly, gratitude overflowing from every pore.

Once we pulled away from our emotional hug, I turned my attention to my two precious four-year-old twins, Atlas and Stella. They were engrossed in a movie in the living room, and I knew I needed their cooperation while Hermione and I worked on undoing the spell.

"Sweets, Aunt Mione and I need to do something really important in the other room, so I need you two to stay here and be on your best behavior, okay?" I explained gently to my children. They nodded, their innocent eyes filled with curiosity, giving me a glimmer of hope that things would go smoothly.

Leading Hermione into my bedroom, we sat facing each other. Her eyes were focused, determination etched across her features. With a wave of her wand and a few incantations, Hermione began the process of restoring my memories. I closed my eyes, anticipation and anxiety coursing through me. Wave after wave of fragments flooded my mind, and I felt a surge of emotions.

Tears streamed down my face as I remembered everything I had lost. Love, joy, heartache, and regret crashed over me in a tumultuous wave. Hermione held my hand tightly, providing comfort and support.

After what seemed like an eternity, the memories settled within me. I opened my eyes, meeting Hermione's gaze. A gentle smile played on her lips, and I struggled to find the right words to express my gratitude. I threw my arms around her, our embrace filled with unspoken understanding.

As Hermione left, making her way back to her house just down the street from mine, I spent the rest of the day cuddling with Atlas and Stella. We snuggled together on the couch, watching movies as a family.

Amidst the laughter and joy, I couldn't help but notice how much they resembled both Draco and me. It tugged at my heart, stirring a bittersweet longing within me. Tears welled up silently, and Stella, perceptive as ever, noticed.

Her tiny hand reached out to wipe away my tears. Atlas, sensing something was amiss, joined us. "Mommy, why are you crying?" he asked innocently.

I managed a smile through my tears, pulling them both into a tight hug. "I'm crying because I miss your father," I replied, my voice filled with longing. "I wish he could be here with us."

Atlas and Stella hugged me back, their little arms wrapped around me tightly. I kissed the tops of their heads, feeling their love and warmth surround me. Their curious eyes looked up at me, eager for more.

"Mommy, can you tell us more about him?" Atlas asked, his voice brimming with curiosity.

I nodded, a soft smile playing on my lips. I began to share stories about Draco, painting a picture of a brave, strong, and kind-hearted man who loved his family fiercely. Atlas and Stella listened intently, their tiny faces filled with awe and wonder.

As the day draws to a close, I tuck my children into bed, their innocent faces filled with dreams of love and adventure. Sitting on the edge of their beds, I whisper a silent prayer, hoping that Draco is watching over them from wherever he is. With a heart full of love, I kiss their foreheads and whisper, "Goodnight, my little angels."

With a renewed sense of purpose, I know that I will continue to honor Draco's memory by being the best mother I can be. I will share our story, and our love, and ensure that Atlas and Stella will always carry a piece of their father within them.

And so, in the quiet darkness of the night, I find solace, knowing that I have reclaimed my past and can now move forward, embracing the future with unwavering strength and the love of my children by my side.