Chapter 19

The final morning, the sun draped on my face through the thin silky curtains. Waking my restful eyes slowly, gathering any memory from the previous night. I turned my nude body to the opposite side I was facing. I come face to face with a handsome figure, his eyes still shut, a strand of hair in his eyes, I gently push his hair behind his ear and caress his cheek as he flinches. I press my body against his smooth and warm skin. I never wanted to leave this moment, so I reveled in it. Letting it sink into my memory.

His blue eyes fluttered open, resembling the color of the ocean once again. He took a deep breath in, bringing me closer to his chest, closing his eyes once again. His raspy morning voice rings through my ears,

"morning." I smiled profusely and replied,

"morning handsome." He turned so his back was on the memory foam mattress and stretched,

"what time is it?" He asked mid-stretch. I rolled over and checked my phone that read, 7:45 am. I scoffed and turned to face Jay once again,

"7:45?" I said to the lazy figure next to me.

He moaned in disagreement, I chuckled.

"Do you want to get up or lay here for a little bit longer?" I asked his resting face.

"I guess we can get up, it is our last day here. Plus, I have to run to the store in town really quick." He muttered through his tiredness.

"Oh, do you want me to tag along?" I asked him, his eyes widened at the question. It shocked me and made me chuckle.

"What?" I asked with my eyebrows scrunched.

"Nothing, I will just go with Angel. You know, so you and Skye can have some sisterly bonding time at your old vacation place." He said suspiciously.

"Okay?" I said with a questionable tone. I swung the warm, comfortable sheets off of my naked legs, I got a chill down my spine as the cool air hit my freshly shaved legs.

I walked over to the bathroom and noticed the pair of eyes burning the back of my skull. I turned on the shower and cracked the door just enough for Jay to be able to see me. I still felt his eyes, so I turned to face him to make eye contact with him through the thick crack of the door. I didn't say a word, I just motioned for him to come to me. He doesn't break eye contact with me as he walks toward the door. As he passes the threshold of the bathroom, I wrap my arms around him and whisper in his ear,

"Join me?" I asked, guiding his naked body that pressed against mine to the walk-in shower.

Jay doesn't question my tactics and follows my lead. After a long shower together, we were wide awake. Luckily Angel and Skye were still asleep. As Jay stayed in the shower longer, I got my swimsuit and swim cover on. I put my hair in a messy bun and went to the kitchen.

I began to make breakfast for everyone and heard a noise come from behind me. I knew it wasn't Jay because I could still hear the shower water running. I turned to see my best friend struggling to wake up. I laughed a little bit and asked,

"Coffee?" She looked up at me rubbing her head.

"Yes please." There was a short pause between her sentences. "Remind me not to have that much to drink in one-night next time please." She pressed.

I laughed softly, "hey you were having fun. What kind of best friend would I be if I stopped you from having fun?" I questioned.

"You have a point." She laughed as she drank her coffee.

"Hey? I have a question for you. If it isn't too early to ask." I asked curiously.

"Sure, What's up?" She asked, licking the coffee off of her lips.