Chapter 2

It's late at night on the futuristic streets of Nueva York. The sky is cloudy, a small drizzle pattering on the pavements.

Thwip! Clunk!
A heavy figure jumps on top of an mall. Theres civilians running out, it wont be long until the police show up.

They look through the glass roof, and see a Doctor Octopus anomaly inside. He appears to be some sort of female variant.

"Where am i?", She looks around, using her robotic arms to lift herself higher off the ground. She moves to an electronic store. "What?.. This technology isn't of my world.. Is it?", She mumbles to herself, lowering herself to the floor and walking inside, examining some of the items.

Thud. Stomp.
Doc Ock whips around, her arms getting ready to attack. She stands there, shock and bewilderment appearing onto her face.

Standing in front of her is a large mechanical suit.
It has silver slits for eyes on its large matte black robotic face; a blue glowing mouth with a detailed detachable jaw; and a glowing blue tattered hooded cape. It's shoulders are spiked, some of them being broken; it's chest has mulitple glowing cracks all stemming from a central point. It's hands are fingerless gauntlets, the fingers are gloved with large claws ripping through the tips. It's feet is mainly black fabric, with some silver mechanical accents.

"What are you?! Where am i?!", Doc ock yells at it.
"You are in Nueva York, Earth-928. You aren't supposed to be here.", It's voice is feminine, with a robotic filter over it.

"How did i get here?", She asks, looking around at the various tech around her.
"You must have went into a portal, you're in an alternate universe. I need to restrain you, then take you back to your world. I'll do that by force or you can cooperate.", The suit steps forward.

Doc Ock glares at them. "Why should i believe you?!", She steps back.
"Look around, this clearly isn't your earth, is it?. Regardless, the others will come soon, and they won't give you the option.", They glare back.

"Others?", She cocks her head. "Spider-men, this world has mulitple, and they're going to capture you, at least i'm giving you a peaceful option.", They say.

Doc Ock looks around curiously, trying to process the new information.
She shakes her head, "I don't believe you!", Her robotic arms fire out to attack.
"Fine. We'll do this the hard way.", The suit jumps over the arms, and lunges at her, their claws out.

The robotic arms lift Doc Ock off the floor, while the free ones hit and grab at the suit. It grabs ahold of one of the arms, ripping it off with their claws. Clunk. The arm falls onto the floor, small sparks of electricity coming off of the broken tech. "Argh!", She yells out, she uses one of her arms to break through the shop's glass window, and tries to go through it, but the suit fires out a glowing purple web around her torso, pulling her back into a display of monitors.

The suit jumps onto her, pinning her down, her robotic arms grab at the suit, lifting it into the air, but they slash at one of the arms, making it fling around before it goes limp.
The robotic suit grabs the other arm, using all of their strength to tear its claw-like hand off, rendering it almost useless. They fall back down, and grab Doc Ock's foot before she manages to get up fully.

"Get off of me!", She yells out, grabbing the display behind her. The remaining robotic arm goes inbetween her and the suit trying to protect herself.
The suit uses their glowing webs to stick the robotic arm to the ceiling.

The suit stands up, leaning over Doc ock. Their mechanical jaw detaches, falling onto the floor. Their mouth opens, showing 4 large fangs.
Police sirens blare loudly outside the mall. They look out of the shops window, seeing blue and red lights reflecting on the wall, they cuss, the robotic filter gone. A hexagonal disc slides down from underneath their gauntlet, their other hand sprays a mist on the web, dissolving it, and they throw the disc under Doc Ock, creating a red shield around her, trapping her. "Let me out!!", she uses her robotic arm to hit against the walls, but they dont budge.

The suit quickly picks up their jaw, attaching it to their head, and they run out of the room, webbing to the roof, and ducking out of view.

The suit stands there in the rain, staying out of view from the mall but still looking into it. They see multiple police men running in, and Spider-Ghost (Gwen) swinging in.

Once they see Spider-Ghost enter the electronic store they turn around and jump onto the next rooftop, their claws digging at the concrete edge before pulling themself over.
Splash. They land in a puddle, retracting their claws, the holes in their gloves showing slightly tanned skin underneath, and rough nails with black chipped nail polish.

Under their gauntlet glows orange, and they pull it back, revealing a spider watch. A hologram comes out of it, 'UNAUTHORISED ANOMALY CAPTURE AT ___ MALL. REPORT TO HQ IMMEDIATELY'.
HQ doesn't know who did it, it gets sent out to everyone's watch when an unauthorised capture is reported.

They web away from the scene, swinging from building to building, until they land on a old neglected rooftop. They turn around, looking at the futuristic skyline of Nueva York.

They walk up to the edge, standing on the barrier and crouching down, watching the rain hit the pavement. They take off their helmet, long brown hair falling over their armoured shoulders.
Their spider watch glows again, and they quickly cover their shoulders with their glowing cloak, clicking on the holographic screen, a hologram of Miguel O'hara coming out of it.

"All Spider-heroes on Earth-928 must report where they were today at 12:22am-12:40am. There's been another unauthorised capture.", His hologram turns around, crossing his arm and pinching his nose bridge.

"If this rogue spider is listening right now, what is your motivation? Just turn yourself in, you're doing more harm than good. You've already given too much information to all the anomalies you come in contact with.", He glares at the camera, "I'm afraid some Spiders put a bounty on you, and we're all actively searching for you. Hopefully this gave them some time to find you.", He smirks, his hologram glitching before turning off.

"A bounty?", They laugh.
Their watch switches screens, showing a message from Miguel.
Mariana, where are you? The rogue is in our universe, so be careful.

Just at my apartment, i'll be fine, don't worry Dad. :)

She turns off the watch, putting her helmet back on, and stands up.
She looks back to where she fled from, seeing the Scarlet Spider swing around, searching the streets for her.

She turns back to the road beneath her, and takes a deep breath.

And then.

She falls.

Thwip! Neon purple webs stick to a futuristic building, and Mariana swings up, barely dodging a hovering car.
She swings from floating road to building, until she lands on an older apartment building.
She pauses for a moment. She's been feeling like someone was watching her since she entered this neighbourhood.

She glances around, not seeing anyone but a rat scurrying in the alley below her. She shrugs it off, deciding it probably wasn't anything.

She walks down a fire escape, stopping at a window. She pushes it, testing to see if its unlocked. Seeing that it is, she carefully opens it, and climbs inside, Clunk! She steps onto wood flooring.

She closes the blinds and takes off her armour, changing into shorts and a vest.

She lays on her bed, staring at her ceiling. Normally she'd be out, patrolling the city as Spider-Nyx.
Yawning, she decides to make use of this break, and catch up on some sleep.