s e v e n

Guys. Arrowhead almost has 150,000 reads. //squeals

Presley stood off to the side while Daryl explained what had happened. She listened with a half-heart, but her mind was focused on the nagging feeling that something was wrong. Even Zeva seemed a bit on edge.

"There were six of them. They all ganged up on me and-."

"Wait." Presley snapped, interrupting like a whirlwind. "Did you say that there was six of them?"

"Yeah..."

She stared at him long and hard, and slowly, he seemed to realize that something had happened. "Daryl," She said softly, "We only killed five." The many faces of the group paled in horror and disbelief.

"Everybody, calm down." Rick said, standing to silence the quiet hum of words coming from the group. "Let's do a head count and make sure everybody is here-."

Presley didn't get to finish listening. She heard a scream that made her blood run cold. Mika. She trembled at the thought of what that last man would do to her. Presley took off in a full blown sprint, with Zeva darting ahead of her. Presley didn't even make it to the tree line before a force plowed into her, almost with enough force the knock the wind out of her.

"It's Mika, Daryl!" She sobbed. Zeva kept on running without her beloved owner. "Let go of me!"

"Not everything is your fight, Presley. Ye can't just plow into situations without thinkin'! You're going to end up killed."

"I don't care." She spat. "It's Mika." He stared at her long and hard. He didn't understand. Presley had been about to take her own life while in the hands of the Governor. She'd flipped the switch— she'd shut it all off. It wasn't until she'd seen Mika alive and well that she realized she had to fight. Not just fight for herself, but fight for the both of them.

"Don't let her go, Daryl." Rick said. "We need to think about this."

"There's nothing to think about, Rick." She snarled at him. Her eyes blazed with fury, fury that caused her entire body to tremble with adrenaline. "Zeva's gone now. I'm going." She wrenched herself away from him. "Now you can either stay like a selfish kid, or you can go with me. Keep in mind this is a child. " Presley said before she turned on her heel and fled after her. She could only pray that she wasn't too late.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Michonne asked. Of course she would come. Though the woman would never admit it, she had a soft spot for children.

"Nope." Presley said breathlessly. She was only following her instincts. She wasn't surprised when Daryl came up beside her.

"Les be smart 'bout this and not just charge right in." Daryl muttered, reaching for her. She dodged him swiftly, flinching when she heard another scream of terror.

"Daryl, I just killed three of their men. Do you honestly think that he'll be okay with that? She screamed for a reason." She continued to stare forward. "There is no 'smart' way about this." Presley felt her heart twist in her chest.

"Stop right there." Presley stopped so fast that Michonne plowed right into the back of her. Presley stood rigid with fear. There was the last man with a long blade held to Mika's neck. Blood dripped from her forehead where a 'W' had been carved into her delicate skin.

"You killed them." The man seethed, glaring at the bunch of them. Presley stepped forward without thinking.

"I killed them— it was all me. Punish me."

"Presley!" Both Daryl and Michonne said in unison. Daryl grabbed her by the arm and yanked her back. "Whad I tell ye 'bout bein' smart 'bout this?" He hissed in her ear.

"I care not." The man said, flexing his hand around the handle of the blade. Madness reflected in his unsteady, twitching eyes. "You all must be punished."

Mika made no further sound as the blade sliced through the tender area of her flesh. Presley stood there frozen in horror, so it was Daryl who reacted. He lunged forward and drove his hunting knife cleanly between the man's ribs. The sinister smile that stared up at him sickened. He couldn't bare to look at the innocent body of Mika. When he finally turned back to Presley, he saw that she hadn't moved from her spot. Her blue eyes were pale with horror and pain, her skin a snowy white as she stared at the lifeless body of Mika.

Daryl rushed to her and wrapped his arms around her, but she didn't move. She swayed, threatening to tip over. "Pres..." He said softly, pulling away. Her eyes were now glassed over with the lack of emotion. He pressed his hand to his face, but a whistle from Michonne caught his attention.

"Daryl, I think you should come here." He turned, but he didn't have to go over there to see the mound of black fur laying motionless on the ground.

So eh... Yeah... Things were getting kind of slow for a TWD story. They need more action, right...? ha.. ha.. //cri

I'm not even going to ask you guys to comment and tell me what you thought of his chapter, because I know I'm going to get me ass ripped... But I guess, go ahead and tell me.

I promise next chapter will be better as far as happiness level and length.

Yesterday's chapter only seemed pointless and off the story line because it was building up for this.

Comment, vote, follow me... comfort me while I cry...