Monaco For The Summer

Elise POV

I was born in Monaco. Most people would agree that I am living the dream. It is a cool place to be in, I'll give it that. However, after living here for all my life, it starts to get somewhat suffocating. Maybe all I needed was a change of scenery because last year, I decided to go to school in Canada. I know what you're thinking; cold weather, really far, basically the complete opposite of Monaco. It's not as bad as people think. It's actually pretty great in my opinion. I am studying law at the University of Mcgill in Montreal, Quebec to hopefully become a lawyer someday.

I finished my semester last week and as one does, I am going back home for the summer. Since my arrival in Montreal, I only went back for Christmas because of my difficult courseload so I haven't seen my family in quite some time. I miss my dad so much which is sad because he's in Germany for work right now. I'm an only child so I don't officially have a sibling but my childhood best friend Arthur, is basically my brother. We went through so much together and he's part of my family. Actually, our mothers were also childhood best friends. When my mom died, Pascale was the main mother figure in my life and still is to this day. Of course, no one will ever replace my mom but knowing I have Arthur's mom supporting me makes me feel grateful and loved.

I'm currently picking up my pink suitcase from baggage claim and heading out. Honestly, it feels good to be back. My blonde hair used to be quite long but I cut it recently. I went with the armpit length to avoid regretting my choice. It looks really cute in my opinion.

"Elise!" I hear a familiar voice shout my name.

I look up and see Arthur looking as good as ever waving at me. He has an amazing tan and he's even taller than I remember. He couldn't have grown much since Christmas right? I feel like guys stop growing at 18 not 22.

Anyway, I'm so excited to see my best friend so I start running towards him and jump into his arms. He easily catches me and hugs me back.

"Hey, Arthur!" I say.

"Hi, El." He responds.

"So what have you been up to?" I ask as he puts me down.

"You know, the usual. Racing, racing and some training. Oh, I got abs now. Want to see?" He jokes.

"Thanks for the offer. Maybe later."

"Well, what about you? How's Montreal?" He asks.

"Colder than here that's for sure. But it's great. I get to practice my English and my French at the same time." I explain

"That's good 'cause you're English isn't the best." He laughs.

I give him a fake slap. "Stop! It's not that bad." I laugh along.

"Yeah alright. I guess." He smiles.

We talk for a couple of minutes before deciding we should leave the airport. We were kind of blocking the way and people were giving us weird stares. Since my dad isn't in town, I will be staying at the Leclerc household thanks to Pascale. I tried arguing with her but it was no use, she wouldn't let me stay elsewhere.

We hop in Arthur's car and drive to the family house. It would be easy for anyone to figure out that Arthur's a professional driver; the way he makes his turns, accelerates and decelerates, etc. He's really skilful.

I get out of the car and admire the view. I've spent so much time here in my life that it kinda feels like my own home also. Arthur volunteered to take my bags so I'm getting the princess treatment. The door is unlocked. Of course, I swear, there are 2 celebrities living in this house and no one locks the door. Pretty funny if you ask me. In the living room, I see no one other than Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc. His brown strands of hair are sitting in all the right places. His soft brown eyes are looking at me and I'm having a hard time figuring out what he's thinking. Without much wait, a smile appears on his face. I walk to the couch he was sitting on as he stands up and I give him a hug.

Ladies and gentlemen my childhood crush. I mean the question is, how could I not have developed a crush on him? First, I'd see him all the time and would go to some of his karting races with Arthur during the good old days. Second, he was sweet and really nice to me. He would treat me like a kid, which I didn't like at the time because I didn't want him to see me as a younger sister. I don't like him like that anymore. Don't get me wrong, he's really attractive and definitely my type but I came to the conclusion a couple of years ago that he indeed does not like me like that and never will which is what made me lose feelings.

Also, since then, I've had 2 boyfriends. One for each year. A fellow Monegasque that I knew from the earlier days named Laurent Dumas and the most recent one was called Adam Tremblay. Adam and I broke up because I didn't love him anymore. Cheesy, but true. Haven't talked to either of them since the breakups.

I don't know if my hug with Charles was a tad too long because I was stuck in my thoughts. I hope he didn't notice. All I have to say is that his perfume smells as good as always.

"Hi, Charles. How come you're here? No races coming up?"

I don't know why I said that. I follow F1 because I find it so interesting and I like to see Charles race. I already know the answer to my own question.

"No, it's summer break and I have some time to relax. I've been reading books, playing piano, working out and it feels great."

"Cool! Good for you. Oh! How about tonight we play that board game we played during Christmas? You know like the game with the house and hotels."

"You mean monopoly?" Arthur says as he walks in with my bag and sets it on the ground."

"Yeah sorry, I forgot the name. I say we have a game night tonight." I exclaim.

Arthur nods along and Charles simply smiles.

"Where's Pascale?" I ask.

"She's in the backyard," Charles tells me.

"Good thanks."

I rush to the backyard to give a big hug to my second mom. She is as happy to see me as I am her.

"Hey, sweetie! I'm so happy you're here! How was the plane ride?" she asks me.

"It was smooth and weirdly relaxing," I confess.

"That's amazing. Good to hear. I thought you would want to sleep with Arthur so I made you a little bed beside his. Hope that's okay."

"Of course it is. How have you been?" I ask her.

"I am doing great. Even better now that you're here." she smiles

"Same here," I say.

I can't wait to find out what this summer has planned for me.