Family Dinner

Charles POV

I didn't expect Elise to leave Monaco. I don't know why she did it in the first place because we never see each other anymore. She's like family and not having her in our lives is like a missing piece to a puzzle. At least that's what my mom said. I'm just glad to have her back for a while. This year has been okay for me. I'm not completely happy with my results since Max is winning almost everything. I might be a close second, but second, is never enough for me. My goal is to win the championship for Jules and my dad who I both look up to. I have yet to win my home race which is a shame because I'm probably the one who uses this track the most on a daily basis.

Arthur seems really happy today and I'm guessing it's because his best friend's back. I don't blame him, I've never had a friendship like that. Don't get me wrong, I do have friends, but not in the same way. I guess I've always been a little jealous of that for some reason.

Recently I've been relaxing, trying to recharge my batteries to come back even stronger for the next race.

"Charlie boyyy" Elise walks into the room with a glass of wine in hand looking all cheerful.

I smile thinking back on the first time she called me 'Charlie boy'.  I hated it so it pushed her to use it even more. I now find it quite amusing when she decides to call me by that nickname.

I pat the couch signalling her to join me. "Come sit."

She does as I say and we try and find the perfect position to get as comfortable as possible.

"Can I try your wine?" I ask her.

"Yes but don't you want your own? I can go get you one." Elise starts getting up.

"No El, it's okay. I can't drink alcohol anyway. I just wanted to try." I lie.

"Bullshit! We always get drunk together. You never stick to your diet so don't even try." she menaces while keeping her smile.

"Fine." I chuckle because she did in fact get me. "Just sit back down," I order.

"Alright whatever you say, mister."

We lock eyes for a few seconds. Her brown eyes get lost in mine. The moment lasts 2 seconds in real time but it felt like so much more. It was weird, I've never experienced anything like it before. I'm probably just tired. She just went back to doing her own thing so I guess she didn't feel the same thing I did. Alright then.

"I-uh, like your new hair," I tell her to try and get rid of whatever this just was.

"Thanks! You're the only one that noticed." She declares.

"Dinner's ready!" Pascale shouts from the other room.

"Yay, I'm so hungry," Elise mutters.

She decides to sit beside Arthur and I make my way to the other side of the table. My mom made her famous pasta recipe and it looks really good.

"I haven't had a real family dinner in so long!" Arthur remarks.

"We literally had supper yesterday together Arthur," I tell him.

"Awnn does that mean the family isn't complete without me?" Elise jokes while taking my brother's arm and laying on it.

"Charles, when's your girlfriend coming?" my mom asks.

I've been dating this girl, Alexandra for a little while. We met through friends months ago and started dating earlier this year. She's really sweet and makes me feel appreciated. She travels a lot for different reasons so I haven't seen her in a while.