Chapter 2: Turn of Events

A WEEK LATER

Sofia POV

It has been exactly a week since the reunion ball. Amber was able to get Desmond's number and they've been hanging out quite a lot after school. Meanwhile I've spoken to Hugo a few times but we've been both pretty busy with studies. I've noticed recently how much I've not really enjoyed my time at Everrealm Academy. I mean to be honest, now that I think about it I only decided to go because Amber was so excited about us attending together. But anyways I plan on talking to mum after school about it

AT SCHOOL
As I walked into school, Amber looked at me intently and asked "everything okay Sofia?" I then responded "yeah I'm fine just tired". I felt bad not telling Amber about wanting to leave Ever Realm Academy, I'm just scared she would be upset about it. So I plan on not telling her just yet until I've spoken to mum about transferring to our new school.
Amber and I then headed towards our lockers to find our 3 best friends Princess Alyssa, Princess Emmeline and Princess Leila.
Princess Alyssa. She's so similar to Amber in many ways. They both have their love for tiaras and fashion. Her and Amber out of the group have to be the closest.
Princess Emmeline was quite the opposite. She was the bookworm. The smart one and the one at the top of our class. She is sweet but quite shy until you get to know her.
Princess Leila is the artistic one. The one that loves art and dancing. She was always the bubbly one by far.

Leila: Hey guys how are you doing?

Sofia: We are doing good!

Alyssa: Sooo Amber how was your dates with Desmond?

Amber: Oh please call it what you like but I don't think it was a date, besides I don't think he likes me.

Emmeline: Oh please Amber we've seen the way he looks at you and why else would he be asking you out constantly?

Amber: I don't know?

Sofia: Emmeline is right! He clearly likes you and is gonna ask you to be his girlfriend.

Amber: I hope so!
She says as she became flushed.
She then turns towards me and smiles at me.

Amber: But Sofia isn't there a special someone in your life?
She said grinning brightly.

Sofia: What are you talking about?
Looking at her deeply confused.

Amber: Oh please Sofia, don't think I didn't see you and Hugo at the ball last week talking outside, under the gazebo. I have eyes and ears everywhere you know.

Leila: Oh my god Sofia when we're you gonna tell us about Prince Hugo!

Emmeline: Yeah Sofia!

Sofia: oh please guys I don't like him, yeah sure I got his number but we haven't spoke much ever since.

Alyssa: YOU GOT HIS NUMBER??? He obviously likes you!

Emmeline: Yeah Sofia! Besides he may be busy with his studies!

Sofia: I don't know guys...

The days carried on at school. Nothing more interesting really happened. I then came home from school and went straight to my mum. She was sitting on her bed reading a book quietly. Until I came in her room she looked at me.

Miranda: Sofia? What brings you here? How was your day at school?

Sofia: Well school is actually the reason I came here to talk to you...

Miranda: Well I am all ears.
She said as she put her book down on the bed while looking at me waiting for a response.

Sofia: I'm not enjoying school anymore mum. It's too academic and it's really not for me. I do miss the flying derby and ice skating I did at Royal Prep.

Miranda: I see. So what were you thinking Sofia.

Sofia: I was thinking about transferring schools.

Miranda: Oh I see. Well that's quite a big decision Sofia, but I'm gonna have to talk to your father about it first. We will talk about it more later on once I've spoken to him about it.

Sofia: thanks Mum.
I said as I hugged her and made my way to exit her room.

At Dinner
We were all sitting at the dinner table me, Mum, Dad, Amber and James. All of sudden my dad clears his throat wanting to say something.

Roland: So Sofia I heard that you wanted to move schools.

I looked at Amber for a second and she looked at me utterly confused.

Amber: What? You wanna move schools?

Sofia: I'm really sorry Amber but I'm not enjoying Ever Realm Academy anymore and as much as I love you and our friends I really do wanna move. I just hope you understand.

Amber: Sofia your my sister. Yeah it sucks we won't be attending the same school anymore but I'll always support you.

Sofia: Thanks Amber

Roland: Anyways as I was saying, I had a talk with your mum and we were thinking of applying you to the same school as James

Sofia: Corinthian Sports School?

Miranda: Yeah I mean you enjoyed flying derby and ice dancing so much it would be good for you to attend.

Sofia: Well I think you should apply me to the school.

James: Nice! You will join me at my school Sofia!

After Dinner

I lie down on my bed feeling very tired after a long day. All of a sudden Amber and James barge into my room.

Sofia: Hey! A simple knock could be good for a change!

James: Sorry Sofia! I'm just excited about you attending my school.

Amber: Yeah Sofia I'm happy for you.

Sofia: Thanks Amber.

James: Now let me fill you in on the details at school. My two best friends are Prince Edward and Prince Cody. We are also good friends with these three girls Princess Eleanor, Princess Caroline and Princess Lizzy. Which I'm sure you will get along with them really well.

James: Then we have Hugo and his friend group-

Sofia: Wait! Let me pause you right there! Hugo! As in Prince Hugo that attended Royal Prep with us??

James: Yeah didn't he tell you that he goes there??

Sofia: Oh right he did...

Amber: I don't know why your complaining so much?
Amber said grinning at me.

Sofia: What are you implying Amber?

Amber: Oh Sofia don't worry your little heart out...