3. Crossing Over

Crossing into the unknown shift in the world is not a simple task. A break in the normal forces the characters to think and act differently. Assuming they won't have to change with the world... would only cause greater distress and fear of what's to come.

》》--------------------<<◇>>--------------------《《

The literature project was announced and the class was dismissed after the lesson. No one enjoyed group projects but they knew it was just to get it over with. One group, in particular, was even more frustrated by the group members they had to work with rather than the assignment itself.

In the library, the 3 students sat in silence across from one another, contemplating their situations. SeokJin really didn't want to be in a group with Min YoonGi. Someone who, he was made to believe, was notorious for being lazy and a terrible team player. He groaned at the thought of him and Anya -who he still thought her name was "Annie"- doing all the work.

Anya, just like Jin, wasn't enjoying the thought of working with THE Min YoonGi. What's worse, she felt so stupid for not recognizing him that night. He seemed completely different that night from what she'd heard about him. She couldn't believe it was the same person with the bad reputation surrounding him. She began to wonder which one was the real Min YoonGi.

But, on the other hand, she was relishing the fact that she could work together with her crush. She took a glance at the handsome heartthrob and sighed dreamily. Sparkling hearts seemed to appear around her when she thought about all the time they would spend together.

Poor YoonGi watched their expressions change the deeper they thought. He had to roll his eyes as he knew the dread on their faces probably meant they were thinking about him. It's not like he was ecstatic about working in a group either. Then his thoughts got interrupted by the random floating hearts appearing and spent the rest of his time shooing them away.

SeokJin finally cleared his throat to kill the silence. "Okay, team. Let's discuss how we will go about this."

"This is a really big project and Prof. Kim said everyone has to contribute. So I think we should split up the workload, then put it together later."

"Yeah! That's a great idea SeokJin!" Anya exclaimed a little too excitedly.

"Oh thanks, Annie."

Even YoonGi had to do a double-take at the name he called her. Anya just had to force a smile wondering if she should change her name to 'Annie' instead of correcting him. It's not like he'll remember me after this project... nobody does...

"So we'll have to read these 3 books and we'll discuss the presentation afterwards." Jin took out the notes he made on the project and told them the list of books they'd have to read. "I'll read one of them and Annie, you don't mind reading the other one, right?"

Taking a look at the book title, she recognized one of them. "Actually, I've read that book before so I could-"

"And YoonGi..." Jin interrupted. Anya immediately realized why no one ever heard her. I've been on mute my entire life!

"Well," He continued. He looked over at the bored group member sitting across from him and inhaled deeply. "I always heard you we're too busy to do big projects like this so you could just sit back for now and compile everything once we're done reading."

YoonGi scoffed. Leaning back in his chair with arms folded, he retorted, "Wow! Have you ever seen me in a group to know that? Or do you just believe everything you hear, Pretty boy?"