The Gathering

Amphibia

Marcy felt a pit in her stomach forming fast. He best friend, her sister, her everything had just died. It was painful, so unbelievably painful. More than the scar on her chest, more than the pain she felt when the core took over her body and shoved her consciousness into the back of her head. Those like Grime, and the Wartwood townspeople would never understand how she felt at that moment. Sasha, and the Plantars were the people closest to understanding how she felt. Anne was after all the honorary big sister/Granddaughter of the Plantars, and much like she was for Marcy the best friend/sister/everything to Sasha. Despite that none of them could understand how she felt. Her first friend, the friend who had made an effort to play with Marcy, the big sister who protected Marcy from others or herself, and finally the everything who thought the world of her. Marcy knew greatness when she saw it and without a doubt Anne was great only, she couldn't see it. She thought the world of her and Sasha and nothing of herself. It used to make her mad. How could Anne not see how great she was, but perfectly point out the great things about her and Sasha. Sasha for as much as she may deny or redirect the question also thought the world of Anne. Marcy had noticed it even before they grew from being in Amphibia.

'Why couldn't it be us.' thought Marcy as tears continued sliding down her cheek.

It wasn't fair for someone like Anne to go through all of this alone. Why did she have to be the one to summon the power of all three gems? Why did she have to be the one died from it? Why did everything have to fall on Anne's shoulders? Marcy felt angry, and disappointed in herself. If only she and Sasha could have held out a little longer? If only Marcy had never got Anne to steal the music box? If only they were still in the human world? It was a selfish thought, but if Marcy was being honest, she would leave this world to burn as long as she could have Anne back. She was selfish like that.

Selfish indeed. said a voice directly in front of her.

All heads snapped up at the unfamiliar voice and took notice of the boy in front of him. He was a tall guy around 6' 2", maybe 17 years old, with a fresh blood red hair color, dark eyes with red irises, gray hoodie, red shorts, and the vague symbol of the infinity on both of his hands. Honestly if it weren't for the eyes, and the fact that he seemed to know her line of thought Marcy may have assumed that he was just another human that got trapped in Amphibia by mistake.

Though not inherently a bad thing. Sometimes being selfish is more helpful than not. said the young man.

All of them came on guard as they stared at the figure in front of them. He grabbed onto one of the ashen colors leaves that Anne had turned into an examined it.

Sacrificing oneself for the sake of another world. Very noble Anne Boonchuy. said the figure.

Who are you? asked Sasha being the first to somewhat compose herself and grab Grimes hammer.

Easy Sasha Waybright I am merely a God who's been sent to give you girls an offer. said the man waving his hand dismissively.

How do I know that we can trust you? asked Sasha.

You don't. This will require you to take a leap of faith, but I promise you'll be rewarded for it. said the man.

Sasha gripped the hammer tighter and lifted it off the ground.

I don't know who you are, but you better give me a good reason not to attack your right now. said Sasha resting the hammer on her shoulder.

Alright. You can call me Andrew Infinity, and as for why you shouldn't attack me, well just say that you'll regret it. said Andrew.

The thrusters on the back of the hammer light up.

Fine, how about this? If Anne Boonchuy comes back to life in a few minutes, will you hear me out? asked Andrew.