chapter two

Draco looked up at the stars above and nodded thoughtfully. His eyes narrowed slightly, and his lip curved into the beginnings of a smile.
"Okay, I have to test this out."
He turned around and walked away without another word, heading for the castle and towards his common room
He had to check this for himself. If what she had just told him was true, he could have a way back to the Malfoy manor that didn't involve teleporting, apparating, or riding a broom.
She laid back down watching the stars
"Thank you for showing me grandpa " she whispered to herself watching the stars.
After a few moments Draco came back, looking up into the sky. He was smiling now. The stars looked so beautiful.
"This place is truly magnificent. I can't believe I haven't given this place a fair chance before. I've always just seen it as a dump.. but it really is magical. It almost feels like it could be home. "
He paused.
" I have to admit, this is really a life-changing moment in my life. Thank you for helping me to see that." He said
"Oh um your welcome" she said sitting up and looking at him
Draco grinned. He was genuinely thankful for her words. There was a light in his eyes that seemed to shine.
"We got off on the wrong foot, you and I, I shouldn't have been so cruel. But this world can do it to you. I'm sorry for what I said and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I know being around someone like me isn't easy, but it's good for me to be put in my place every now and again." He smiled.
"Oh I didn't really notice but if it helps I guess I forgave you already. " She said
Draco's eyes widened, his expression one of surprise. He let out a deep breath, looking up into the stars again.
"You forgave me that easily?"
His voice was filled with wonder and gratitude.
"Oh um yeah " She said looking at the stars.
Draco smiled, his demeanor relaxed and soft. His voice was filled with kindness ,Thank you" he said
An awkward silence filled the air, their eyes locking for a moment before they both looked back up at the stars.
"My name's Draco, by the way."
"I'm Asta" she said looking into the stars.
Draco glanced at her, a look of confusion crossing his eyes when looking at her new appearance. He nodded, his look softening a little. He spoke in a more polite, soft voice now.
"Is that an enchantment or something? Not that I'm complaining.. you look wonderful either way."
"O um this is... I didn't think you'd want to be around a freak who's got white hair and golden eyes... I didn't want to upset you " she said, her voice sounding like it was nervous yet didn't want to disturb him. Almost like she was used to being called a freak
Draco's eyes narrowed in concern. He shook his head, his voice filled with sincerity.
"You're not a freak. Honestly, I think the white hair and golden eyes really suit you" , He paused, lowering his gaze.
"Do your parents think you're a freak? Or anyone else around here?"
"Just anyone I meet. "
She looks at him "You think so?"
She was kinda ignoring the whole parents question
Draco stared at her, his eyes filled with shock. His voice was low and filled with kindness now. "You mean you've been treated this way your entire life? "
He sighed and shook his head, his look of concern never leaving his face.
" Just know that whoever told you something like that was lying, okay? They're the freaks for calling you that, and you're the better person."
She looks back at him "Thank you" she said.
Draco glanced around, looking up into the sky as a small smile crept onto his lips. He nodded a little. His eyes were full of gratitude now.
" You're welcome. I'll always be here for you if you've got anything else you need. And if you ever want to talk, my door's always open."
He extended a hand to her, waiting to see her reaction
"It's been lovely getting to know you, Asta." He smiled, his eyes twinkling a little in the moonlight
She couldn't help but smile as she took his hand
"It's nice to know someone will be there."
Draco chuckled, his voice softening more and more. He sighed and his grin widened."it's an absolute pleasure."
He glanced at her hand and looked back up at her. His eyes met hers, and his face blushed a little in embarrassment. He quickly shrugged it off, clearing his throat.
"Well, I suppose I've overstayed my welcome. I'll let you get back to the stars now. I just wanted to show you that I'm not a jerk 24/7. "
"Oh um your more then welcome to stay unless you'd rather be somewhere else " she said smiling at him
Draco's lips curved into a warm, sincere smile. A feeling of comfort filled his chest. She seemed like the type of person that he could always count on.
"If you're okay with my company, then I'm not opposed. In fact, I'd be more than happy to stay. I can't remember the last time I've felt this comfortable around someone; usually they're terrified of me. I like this."
She scooted over patting the spot beside her. "Really why, I mean you be all tough but your no different then anyone else" she said
Draco's eyes widened, his smile deepening once again as he moved over to the spot beside he and sat down.
"You think so? I mean I'm quite tough on the outside, but the truth is I'm also a very sensitive person. Unfortunately, people aren't usually kind to me. So I've had to become someone that no one can push around.. I'm glad you're proving me wrong. Maybe being kind isn't so bad after all..."
"I understand how that can be "
She said looking at him with a smile.
Draco's eyes met hers, the warm feeling in his chest returning. He nodded and glanced around.*
"It seems we're both misunderstood"
He shrugged his shoulders.
"No one really sees the true you,
or the me that's behind the jerk."