Attack plan?

(Narrator pov)

"Wan, are you sure this is a good idea?" (name) asks as they hesitantly slip on an animal mask.

"(name), please the chou's have been stealing from the lower class since forever, just think of it as a little revenge! No one gets hurt," the smirk grows on Wan's face. "We all ready?" he asks the group. They all shout as they enter the city.

The mob scares away most of the people in the towns we passed through. Though nothing had even happened yet they could feel the uprising of the people in the mob.

When they finally found their way to the Chou's residence they sneaked in through the sides of the walls. The food pantries were quickly raided. Everything was going smoothly till someone dropped their sack of food. It echoed and bounced off the tall walls surrounding them.

Guards flooded in to see the crowd of hungary citations.

The guards fought back hard. The chou's soon made an entrance themselves.

Wan was using his fire to handle the guards while (name) was getting the mob out of the walls.

Sparks fly from Wan's multiple fires. Then they cease to exist. (name) looks back. Wan had stopped his fire to save the life of the youngest Chou son. He was quickly taken away. (name) and the rest of the mob had made it out barely with (names) flames only going so far.

(names pov)

"(Name) is Wan gonna be ok?" Jaya asks.

I look at him. What am I supposed to say? Wan was caught by the chou's and there is no way Wan will let the names of the people here slide. "I don't know," I say. And for the first time in my life, I meant it. Before I would say 'I don't know' when I was asked something I knew but was too scared to say. Now it had an actual meaning. "I haven't even known Wan that long why is this getting to me?" I ask myself. I punch myself in the head and drag my nails into my arm.

"Jaya I don't know..." I say. I simply walk away. My mask was still on. It covered my expression. If I didn't know what I was feeling then no one else needs to see it.

I walk back home. Well, not 'home' just a house. The door was closed and when I knocked a voice yell from inside. "If it's (name) tell him to get his stuff and get out. We don't need a waste of space like him anymore!" it was my mother's voice.

The door opened and I was greeted by the face of my sister. She looked normal despite the mask in my hand and the strange expression I was wearing. "I'm guessing you heard all that right?" I nod. She lets me pass.

I rush to my room. I snag only the important things.

After collecting a few items I shove them in a bag. I look at my sister one last time. I ran down the street. I was only hoping that Jaya and Yao would be willing to take me in for at least a few days.

When I make my way out of the city im quick to find their treehouse. I climb up the ladder to hear them speaking to each other.

"How long do you think he'll last?"

"2 hours at most,"

"How long will who last?" I ask peeking my head through the trap door.

"Wan, he got banished from the city. He's been pushed into the spirit wilds. We'll probably never see him again," Jaya says not even looking back at me. My eyes widen.

"What the fuck!" I yell. I jump down the ladder. Jaya and Yao shout at me in confusion but I keep running.

I sprinted to the entrance/exit of the city. Wan was just now leaving. I carefully followed behind him.

It had been 3 hours and Wan had almost died at least 20 times. I would have jumped in but it seems he still Retained the power of fire.

More time had passed and he had come across a Sanctuary for spirits. He put together a costume and tried to sneak in. As a... Bush spirit with a stupid name. Obviously, he was pushed out and into the moat surrounding the sanctuary. He tried to reason with the spirits to allow him in. But he was too obviously human.

He left sadly and walked around the wood once more. It was getting dark. I didn't feel like I should be involved but it seems he needed help finding shelter. The only thing more dangerous than the spirit wilds is the spirit wilds at night.

Wan came across a trap that had caught a deer-like creature. He was prepared to cut it down and eat it until the hunters came back for it.

"Yes finally!" a man yells. They all rush to the trap. But Wan stops them.

"You can't have it! It's mine," he says. This starts an argument between the 2 groups. Both were prepared to kill the other. This finally felt like the right time for me to come out of hiding.

I burn the string and start running. "WAN!" is the only thing I yell and he knows just what to do. He and the hunting team follow close behind.

I led them through traps of all kinds. Each of the men was picked off. In the end, the last man morphed into a spirit.

The same one as before at the spiritual sanctuary. "Any longer and I would have killed him," the lemur spirit said.

The man starts to scream as he looks at his hands. The fear that the man must have felt was unreal. He wouldn't be welcomed back into the city nor would the spirits take him in. He was now forever locked in between Societies.

"What's he yelling for he looks better this way," the lemur turns around and looks at the creature Wan had protected. "Did you save this creature?" he asks. We both nod. "Maybe you're not as bad as I thought," he mumbled under his breath.

"Please grant us sanctuary we are no longer welcome in our home. We have no clue how to survive in the wilds, we need help," Wan speaks up. 'Speak for yourself will you?' I say to myself. I was of course still welcome in the city not only that but I can at least survive longer than Wan.

"Fine," the lemur says. He guides us from the forest to a small island. We walk across the bridge. The spirits there were confused but accepted it soon enough.

================

(1138 words)