The air template

When everyone woke we discussed where we would land. Well by "we" I mean Aang, Sokka, and Katara all spoke while I make breakfast with the little food we have. (this was used for a peace offering)

I tried to zone out of their conversation but Sokka yells instead of talking. "Well, we need to stop somewhere, I don't trust that food-" he's cut off by Katara socking him in the stomach.

"Do you need any help (fak-), (name)?" she asks. I'm grateful for her adjusting so fast. I shake my head but she still sits across from me. "So we're planning on stopping at Aangs Air temple," she gives me a disturbed look, and I send it right back.

"But aren't they dea-" Katara covers my mouth? She nods. "So Aang doesn't know?"

"Aang doesn't know what?" the bald boy intrudes on our conversation. I wouldn't have minded if it was any other subject. But I didn't want to be the one that had to tell him. He's been gone for a long time, I can't blame him for not knowing but it's not like I can say, "Everyone you've ever known before now is dead because they didn't want you to be reincarnated because they were wanting to start a world war! Most people are gonna end up blaming you since you ran away but who could blame you? You were what 12! Not to mention that you had almost 0 instruction from the last avatar! How did it feel to be frozen by the way?" I can imagine myself losing my breath after speaking. The only way I can imagine him taking that would be losing his fucking mind.

"Nothing don't worry bout it," I say hoping that I sound relaxed enough. "Ready for food?" I ask the shorter boy.

He nods intensely, this leads me to giggle just a little. In less than hours the temple was in sight. This is when we all started to panic. We all know that the air nomads are all dead but no one has the balls to tell Aang.

"You guys ready?" Aang was in front steering Appa while we all awkwardly sat in the back. As we get closer Katara begins a conversation with Aang about "it's been 100 years they might not be here anymore," and "the fire nation is ruthless they took my mom," I sigh at the conversation and go back to focusing on my arms.

My marks were still there but they had been covered by the long sleeves. It was hella hot though. As for my face I long time ago I met a nice old woman that gave me face paint stuff to cover my marks. Somehow she managed to give me enough for a few decades but I'm running out. It can stay on for many days but it's not supposed to.

So far no one has found out since 30 years ago when I was given an old timely swirly. Unfortunately, I had to take care of the boys. I wish we could have talked longer about stupid shit but I made sure to get rid of the memory.

"Honestly is the best policy," they say but I don't feel that the rest of the world would be open to the group that we've collected. 1. A spirit that's been alive for what 9000 years? 2. The avatar that most people have lost hope in 3. A water tribe girl bender that doesn't know how to bend 4. A water tribe boy that can't bend and makes puns 24/7.

The first 2 sound more unreasonable but you get the idea. Ever since the Fire Nation took over anything other than being a fire bender was wrong. I didn't have trouble with the bending but truly everything else about me was the furthest from normal.

"(name)?" A voice snaps me back from my self-centered talk. "Come on we're gonna explore the temple," Katara was standing next to Aang while talking. Sokka was close to the side but placed slightly behind the group. I sigh and jump off Appa.

"Where to first?" I ask Aang. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Anywhere," his voice was surprisingly calm and so warm. I once again giggle at his face. I nod and let him guide us in a comfortable silence.