Part 1

The thing is, Nagi's life was perfect. Until it is not anymore.

To begin with, he had somehow been chosen by whoever higher being up there to be born into this world as a genius. He had perfect grades, a perfectly peaceful albeit somewhat boring early teenage life, and a perfect little family if he's to ignore his parent's frequent absence from most of his childhood.

To sum it up, Nagi's life was perfect. It even got marginally better after Reo entered his life.

That rich boy Nagi had called him at first. The boy who seemed overly joyful and was very insistent on introducing the wonders of football and friendship to him. And love. And real-life romantic experiences that turned out to be fascinatingly different from otome games .

Perhaps, Nagi guesses, his life up until this point has been too perfect. That's why god decided to start putting a noticeable dent in what he'd thought was his perfectly fine love life.

It's been almost a month—Nagi has secretly been counting—it has been exactly 29 days since Reo started acting weirdly. And it's only been getting worse and worse by day since.

"Reo, are you going to be home late too today?"

Reo spares him a tight smile as he puts on his coat. "Yes, sorry, Nagi. I'll be very late, so please don't wait for me."

With that, Reo closes the door behind him, leaving Nagi all alone with his gadgets and his racing thoughts.

To begin with, it's not like Nagi isn't aware of Reo's busy schedule. Reo has been very busy keeping his double worklife together; his well-known persona as one of the rising football stars from the Blue Lock program and the career that was predetermined for him before he's even born as the heir of a billionaire company.

Nagi tries to be understanding. He really does. But it's getting hard with Reo seemingly constantly avoiding him at every given chance.

Last night, Reo was home late again. Nagi didn't mean to wait for him, but when Reo turned in the key he woke up anyway. They ended up having sex before hitting the sack. Nagi had gone to bed feeling almost hopeful with the way Reo's arm draped around him.

All hopes went to ashes when Nagi woke up alone on a cold bed this morning.

And it continues to be like that the next day. And the next. And the next.

So much that Nagi eventually gives up on keeping count.

"Reo."

Reo is laying on his back, facing Nagi, yet his gaze seems so far away.

"Reo," Nagi tries again.

Right now, Nagi is kneeling above Reo. His legs are bracing either side of Reo's naked torso. It would be so easy to capture Reo's pretty lips from this angle. It would be so easy to have sex as usual and pretend it didn't happen the next morning.

But Nagi has had enough.

"What?" Reo puts on a smile, the same one that he wears for the cameras. "Don't tell me you're too sleepy to continue now."

Nagi pouts. " Reo. "

The emphasis on his tone earns him nothing but a tired sigh. Somehow, it feels worse to Nagi than not getting Reo's attention at all. After all, not long ago, Reo was always happy to give Nagi attention and anything Nagi asked of him. Nowadays, Reo barely spares him a glance, let alone pays attention to his whims. It's barely a little over a month, yet Nagi already misses the old Reo.

"Reo, is something wrong?" Nagi asks.

He's asked the same question last week. And the week before that. And the week before that one too. Alas, Reo's answer has always been the same.

"Nothing's wrong," Reo smoothly lies. "I'm just a little tired, sorry."

Hesitantly, Nagi continues, "But you don't seem happy lately."

"Everyone has their bad days," Reo argues. "Just drop it, Nagi."

~~~

Hello! This story will be divided into 4-5 parts. I've finished the whole thing so I will update it everyday ^-^