Part 5

Right now, Nagi can't make Reo happy.

But it's not like he can just leave Reo to continue dwelling in his own despair.

"Reo is not a failure. Reo is an amazing person."

Nagi bends down and cups Reo's crying face between his palms. His thumbs move to wipe away the tears. "Reo is such an amazing person that I...sometimes I wonder if Reo would be happy if continue staying with me."

Reo's eyes widened. His anguish morphs into bewilderment in an instant. "What are you saying—"

"Reo is such an amazing person. Reo can manage his business on the side while keeps being a professional athlete. Reo knows how to handle the press and talk to people and charm people with his words. I can never do that." Nagi pauses. He uses one of his hands to wipe out the drying tears on Reo's cheeks. A light flush creeps up on Reo's face as Nagi does that. "I like seeing Reo smiling. Reo has always worked so hard, after all. Reo deserves to smile."

Nagi sits down across from Reo. He takes Reo's hands in his and squeezes gently. "I can't really do anything to lift up your worries, but I wish you would trust me more and tell me stuff like these."

After a consideration, Nagi adds, "And I don't think you played badly in the last season. I once overheard Coach praising you. He just won't tell it to your face. He's a tsundere."

At that, Reo chuckles. The sound is beautiful, and Nagi is reminded again how much he misses it.

"Ah, shit. What am I even doing, trying to push you away? What would I do without you?"

This time, it's Reo himself who closes the distance between them. He pulls Nagi into a hug and buries his face in the crook of Nagi's neck.

"You really are my treasure," Reo murmurs. "Sorry for making you worried over some stupid shit."

"Your worries aren't stupid, Reo," Nagi chides. "You will come up with something to save those sales. I know you can."

Reo peers up. "You believe in me?"

"I know you. You've always helped me whenever I got stuck. I know you are smart and brilliant."

"Aaargh, stop that! Stop buttering me up! I love you so fucking much!"

Nagi slumps into Reo's warm hug. After more than a month of feeling like getting stuck in a cold war, this feels like coming home to him.

"...I love you too, Reo."

"Eh? What was that?" Reo frowns at him. "Did you say something? Sorry, I didn't hear it—"

"It's nothing."

"No way! I know you're lying! Come on, tell me—"

"It's really nothing. Now, shut up and carry me to bed. I'm tired. Talking so much is a pain."

"Ugh, Nagiii!"

~~~

It's finally the end!! Thank you for reading~

Stay tune out for new reo x nagi story!!

My twitter is @ craftiecal if you want to talk to me there ^-^