Part 2

Nagi flinches at the harsh tone. Seeing that, Reo's gaze softens a little bit. Nagi almost feels guilty for being pushy, but then he remembers the cold shoulder Reo has been giving him for a while. How much it hurts. How much it makes him worried. Enough is enough, Nagi decides, this time he has to get the answers.

"Reo, you once said you'll only have one-night-stands with random people you don't really care about."

In an instant, Reo pushes him off, glaring at him. "What are you implying, Nagi?!"

"You once told me that you never did one-night-stands with people who had a crush on you, who were in love with you, because you don't want to hurt their feelings."

"What do you—"

"Then, why are you doing this to me now?"

Reo shuts up so fast that his teeth clank. He stares in horror at Nagi, who stares back at him with unveiled emotions written all over his face. Nagi is not the most expressive person, but if there's anyone who can understand him perfectly well, it would be Mikage Reo.

"Lately, I feel like you're treating me just like one of your one-night-stands. We would have sex and hit the sack right after. You don't talk to me anymore. You don't—"

" Shut up, " Reo hisses.

Reo climbs off of the bed so fast that Nagi barely has any time to blink. Sensing what Reo is going to do, Nagi tries to hold him back by reaching out to pull Reo's hand.

But Reo slaps away his hand.

But it stings.

But then Nagi can only stare in shock, disappointment, worry, and hurt as Reo makes his way out of their bedroom without so much as saying goodbye.

I made him mad.

I shouldn't have done that.

Reo hates me now.

Reo will break up with me.

The last thought unexpectedly brings tears to his eyes. Nagi can't remember the last time he'd cried, but the thought of separating with Reo has his gut coiling, chest aching, so much that it physically pains him to keep his breath steady.

Loneliness isn't anything new to Nagi, but he doesn't want to ever live with that again.

Reo had come barging into his life and gave him everything that Nagi didn't even realize he yearned for; a loyal company, a dream to fight for, and more importantly, a wonderful person to fall in love with.

It's not like the two of them are that much co-dependant. Still, a life without Reo is something that Nagi never imagined before; a foreign idea that sounds pretty much unreal to him.

Nagi ends up spending the rest of the night curling into himself in the corner of the bed, silently hoping that Reo would change his mind and come back and make it alright. Because Reo always makes everything alright in the end. Because Reo is brilliant and amazing like that.

Except tonight Reo doesn't come back.

Neither does he the next day.

And the day after that.