#1 First Meetings

First year of High school | English online classes

"You will be given a partner based on your class numbers for the Peer Editing activity on your essays for today's and tomorrow's class session" The English teacher said through the screens as we listened to her through our headphones.

"Punyeta" I said under my breath although I knew no one could hear me

Online activities were great. But with groups and partners? haha. no thanks. There's a 50/50 chance of getting an unresponsive, Juan Tamad classmate or getting the good, angelic, saint of a comrade who actually helps in assignments like these. 

I clearly didn't want to take the risk for my grades but, It can't be helped.

I knew who my partner was for the Peer editing because I had the complete Class list of our section since I was the Class Beadle but, during that time I didn't know much about him except that he's somehow the quiet, chill, class clown we had in our virtual classroom.

💌

"Hellooo" I said enthusiastically to try to skip the awkwardness

"Hi?" said E.S. with an unsure tone in his voice

Ahaha this is gonna be awkward.

"Sooo" He proceeded to talk

"Let's send our essays in the meeting chat" I instantly responded

"sige sige"

I muted my mic and proceeded to tell myself "AHAHA THIS IS GONNA BE AWKWARD BUT I'M GONNA BE FINE, JUST WING THE CONVERSATION" na parang baliw sa'king kwarto

The rest of our meeting was full of hints in our words from both of us being wary of the comments we give about each other's essays.

💌

The next day of English classes came

Same time, Same place, and Same Partner from yesterday

I also encountered the same awkward events as the day before but, It seems like now I feel a bit more relaxed when talking to him as compared to yesterday.

There were still some cringeworthy silent pauses but, like a cat warming up to its' human, I felt like he wasn't as bad as I expected.