Chapter - 2

Vennela sat in front of the dressing table getting teased by her aunt and cousins. 
Blood rushed making her face match with the hue of her lips. 

‘ Vennela is blushing… ’ her aunt jibed enthusiastically earning a bout of laughter from the people who gathered in the room. 

‘No …this is unfair ’ scowled her. 

Though Vennela was in a mist of sweet tension , she tried to maintain her regal composure and tone.

Her cousin pasted a small red bindi thus making her look complete. 

‘ Don’t add more decorations…it will be difficult for her husband ’

‘ Amma see..’ she whined hearing the comments at the same time enjoyed it.

‘ Don’t tease my girl. Now hold this glass of milk and go ’

Her heart started beating fast when she understood that its time for her to start a new life. Others pushed her in the room and closed the door behind her . Their giggles vaguely heard .

His back faced her . Standing in an idyllic corner , he was enjoying the bright full moon night with a constant smile etched on his face.

A faint creak of the door took his attention .

Turning around he saw the most beautiful sight . 

Clad in a white silk sari bordered with a scarlet red having intriguing patterns of various dots and curves in golden , extravagantly stitched blouse of the same colour , she stood with tumbler of milk in her hand just as a nymph standing with the elixir of immortality. 

His eyes roved the ravishing beauty infront of him. The big innocent doe like eyes lined with black kohl battled all the while.

In a momentary lapse out of curiosity she looked at him creating ridiculously unknown  feelings  he hasn’t ever experienced. The flawless dainty nose adorned with tiny stud of a nose pin , slightly parted cherry red plump lips trembling modestly in anticipation emphasized her unblemished face. 

She is too natural to be real. Thought he .

Jai borrowed a few seconds from his trance to make an attempt to reach her. He did.

Vennela gasped , she was processing the new emotions travelling whole throughout her lissom body when he held her palm over the tumbler of milk.

He felt a light tremble , making him hug her in his embrace. She felt her knees going weak . Jai continuously rubbed her back calming her down. 

A bit of courage moved the tumbler of milk towards him. He took the glass from her hands with a smile making the whole atmosphere warm. 

He moved closer to her and whispered in her ears ,
‘ My ever chirpy Vennela melted like  hot chocolate ’   She pouted. 

‘ Your fault only ’ He giggled.

That was when she noticed him. He shaded with the moonlight wearing an ivory kurta and pyjama making him look even more serene and aesthetic . 

Finally he is mine. How handsome!  She squealed in her mind. 

She felt to touch his soft hair gently moving in the breeze . 

He brought the tumbler of milk near his lips and sipped a little before passing it to her. She scrunched her face. Jai knew that she didn’t like milk anyways.

‘ This is a ritual , bangaram . Have no please …’

After several pestering from his side , she too sipped the milk from where he did.