The Monarch of the Awakened

"Wait! You can't be serious! You can't just leave me"

A boy who is in his late teens yelled in frustrations, his gaze solely on the person in front of him. Him and this person have been there for each other in his early teens.

"Kayden, I was never meant to take any of you as apprentice. Hell I wasn't even suppose to meet you and Kartien"

The young teen gritted his teeth as he clenched his fist, he glared at the person in front of him. He can't accept that the person he looked up to is leaving after what he undergo to just for them to leave.

"Kayden you know goodbye isn't forever right? Who knows we might meet but for now its goodbye"

"Wait-"

The person had disappeared before he could say more, no energy was left behind. Tracking them is impossible considering his mentor was known for disappearing like they didn't exist in the first place.

He felt livid, he cursed loudly as his power went wild due to his fury. It destroyed whatever is near vicinity, devouring it greedily leaving nothing but destruction in its wake.

From a distance, you watched as Kayden release his wrath on anything. A person had appeared behind him, ah.. you know that guy. He was the one who was always sent to ask you to join frame, you pity him as Kayden struck him down when he was reminded that his mentor left him leaving behind a burnt space where the guy was once were..

You weren't suppose to meet him or Kartien in the beginning, you weren't suppose to take them as an apprentice or whatso ever. You turned around and began to walk away when a chill went up your spine.

"I'll find you no matter what and then you won't leave"

***

You could remember that memory in a vivid detail, a regret? Kayden had grown too attached when he wasn't suppose to even know you yet color yourself surprise when a young Kayden had approached you when you have left your guard down after a fight against awakened ones who were sent after you.

You were just a college student back then, one who had lost all interest in their surroundings and studies. The world of reality had bored you to the point you just want to disappear, you were surprised when you found yourself in a different setting and reverted back to your mid-teens.

Your lost, you have undergo the five stage of grief in a minute before you pulled yourself together and began to wander around to find civilization. You were lucky to be found by an old couple who live not far away from the meadow you found yourself in.

Their was a language barrier between you and the kind couple but you make it work. You helped around, communicating using charades, it was difficult at first but you got used to it. During your stay with the couple, you found yourself in korea, the south thankfully.

The couple could barely understand english but they found someone who could teach you korean and had a good understanding of the english language. It took months considering for you to learn to three years, you were thankful that the other person was patient and you are ashamed that you couldn't get a good grasp of the language at first months which was understandable.

And then you found out about your power, you were sent out to buy a few grocery but you have left the money given to you. You have mentally panicked as you gave the cashier a wait sign as you look into your empty pocket before you felt a weight on the said pocket, you have pulled out a wad of cash. That cash wasn't there a moment ago, you have been thinking of the money in a frenzy that it appeared.

That had you unable to sleep that night, you remember staring at the ceiling then a thought appeared in your mind. What if you think of something else would it appear? You have missed using your phone as it was not with you when you appeared in korea out of nowhere. You found yourself startled when your phone appeared in front of you face out of nowhere before it dropped into your lap, the weight of it assuring you that this is real.

That you are not dreaming, then another thought had come in your mind. What else could you do? Can you control elements other than conjuring things, needless to say you weren't able to sleep that night.

You had taken a liking to playing with your shadow or shadow of both living beings and non-living objects, there was a strain but as you kept doing it in the dark you've gotten used to it. Without the couple knowing about it not wanting to freak them out or worse chase you away, there were many possibilities when it comes to shaping your shadow into objects of your liking.

You liked playing with your newfound powers to pass the time not knowing it will be the reason you will be introduced into the world of the awakened.

***

The Shadow Monarch

A name given by the top 10 of the awakened world to a person who's powers knows no limit. A name that everyone knows, new or old. A power that was popular for not having force control, it was a shock as well as awakened abilities have atleast force control when it comes to strengthening the users abilities.

A teen who had showed their ability to protect themselve when caught in a crossfire between awakened ones. Finding the monarch was like chasing air, they have no clue as to where or when the monarch will appear.

Many have sought after the monarch to be taken as an apprentice, riches and many more where named as to just be taught a tiny bit of their power yet they were turned away.

It was a shock when the monarch had taken not one but two people as their apprentice, to them not yours. Kayden Break and Kartien, the names of the apprentice of the Monarch that even the top 10 are wary of.

But like Kayden and Kartien, they are left questioning when the Monarch had disappeared. Not a single peep had been seen or heard and you liked it that way. No more awakened ones coming towards you for a fight or to be taken as a student, just how you like it yet you knew that there would be a time when you'll be involve once again in the world of the awakened.

(Y/N) (L/N)

The Monarch

Yeah we are gonna do a rewrite👍