ii. potions

・゜゜・.
IL.

"AMMORTENTIA IS A POTION in which we will be discussing, studying, and perfecting for the rest of the semester. I expect to see at least six parchments of information on my desk within two week. You will be given the rest of today's class and tomorrow's class to begin." Slughorn addressed to the Gryffindor and Slytherin fifth years currently seated.

Despite sleeping the entire train ride to Hogwarts, along with falling asleep early the night before, Izabel had still felt a yawn creeping up her throat during her first class of the year.

Just as she opening her textbook, the professor cleared his throat. "Heads up, there will be a group project on this soon. Be prepared."

Izabel groaned, sharing a look with her roommate who sat beside her. Amaria Kalia almost let out a laugh at her friends reaction before burying her head into the textbook, quill already scraping on paper.

She swivelled around on her seat to talk to Lyra Sewlyn sat behind her. "I'm assuming Aria will be asking Evans to do this project with her."

Lyra giggled. "They're the two most academically matched, i'm telling you."

"And there is no way Dorcas isn't rushing at the opportunity to have an excuse to spend time with Mckinnon.." Izabel continued, motioning toward her third roommate.

"I mean, she's only been fangirling since third year." Lyra acted oblivious to what her friend was suggesting before giving in, a loud laugh erupting. "So I guess i'm stuck with you."

Izabel shrugged. "I guess you are."

Both of them soon got started, wanting to have the least amount of homework possible for the night. Though, Izabel's focus seemed to keep getting lost at the loudness of her peers.

That certainly didn't stop her screaming thoughts from clouding her mind. Ultimately she gave up on trying to work. The girl sat with her head in her hand, and let herself roam free. Visions of her brother around the world, busy with a task which was meant for her. She thought of the future, played every scenario, and yet there wasn't one where fear wasn't a factor.

"Are you alright?" A voice snapped her out of the images in her head. Her ears stopped ringing and her eyes were no longer clouded over as she looked up to see James Potter and Sirius Black stood by her table.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Sirius shrugged before speaking in a obvious tone. "Class ended three minutes ago, and you haven't moved."

A heavy sigh erupted from Izabel's lips as she looked around and saw that the class was empty, with the exception of a couple of students asking Slughorn for help.

She awkwardly pursed her lips in a tight smile while simultaneously packing her work away. She muttered a quick "Oh, thanks." before rushing out of the classroom.

"Lestrange," A voice called out, making her slow her steps. Turning around, she was met with James hurriedly walking toward her, Sirius no longer around.

"Yeah?" She asked the messy haired boy. There was nothing she wanted more than to leave as far away as she possibly could.

"Do you have Astronomy next?" He spoke, catching Izabel by slight surprise.

Her face had no emotion as she blinked at the taller boy, wondering where he was going with this. "Why do you ask?"

James gave her a small crooked smile, one you wouldn't notice unless you were in close proximity. "It's cold. I recommend bringing a jacket." With that, he walked away before the girl could question anything further.

Izabel stood still for a moment, wondering what the boy's true motive was, slightly scared of the outcome. Though, she did take his advice and stopped by her dorm before climbing towards her next class.

As for now, she seemed to wish that she was as far as the sky, and hoped only for the stars to give her guidance.

CASS -SPEAKS ও
trying to get the short chapters over with so expect fifth year to go by really fast

this chapter is SO confusing oml