Mr. Lee's Punishment

In Kim Chorong's mind, his life was narrated by an epic voice guy who was often used in Hollywood movie trailers that started with the line, "In a world..."

In a world where there were monsters and ghoulies out and about in the night, looking for innocent girls to prey on, one man would stand against the darkness and protect the innocent.

Kapow! Went the sound effect as Chorong imagined himself kicking a vampire in the face whilst simultaneously punching another one attacking him from behind all the while holding a helpess, scantily clad young lady in his free arm.

"Oh, you saved me!" the girl said in an unnaturally pitchy voice.

"I'm just doing my job," Chorong replied in an unnaturally deep voice.

Kim Chorong, Vampire Hunter Extraordinaire! Monsters better watch out.

"Yah, how do you spell extraordinaire?" Chorong asked over the pulsating beat of the night club. He leaned over the reflective black bar to write down his amazing title on a damp napkin as if it was a business card. It was hard to see since most of the lights on the dance floor were purple and blue; bright just enough to see their own reflection in the mirrored walls, dim enough that everyone appeared more attractive than they actually were.

Han Seojun was leaning with his back against the bar, elbows resting on the top, appearing effortlessly like the model he used to be back in high school. He tilted his head to the side to think. "E, x, t, r, a. That's extra. And ordinaire should be... o, r, d, n, y, r, e?"

Chorong wrote the letters down and frowned, "You sure? Doesn't seem right."

Seojun leaned towards him to see what he was writing. And before Chorong could react, Seojun yanked the napkin out of his hands and tore it up into pieces.

"Yah!" Chorong exclaimed.

"You idiot," Seojun said through clenched teeth, leaning in close so that the music wouldn't drown him out but keeping his voice low so that no one else could hear. "You can't write that!"

"Who's going to see? Vampires can't read."

"Shhhhh!!!" Seojun clamped his hand over Chorong's huge mouth. Even though Chorong was taller and bigger in size, Seojun always managed to get the upper hand.

It was no wonder he was their leader.

"You dolt! Who said that vamp—I mean, those things can't read?" Seojun backed away, straightening his jacket self-consciously.

"They can? Huh." Chorong made a mental note to destroy all of his diary entries when he returned home. He didn't want any vampires to discover the embarrassing entries of his awkward high school experiences and secret crushes. They might use it against him.

Seojun went back to leaning against the bar whilst staring out into the crowd of people writhing against each other. A few girls eyed him, hoping to catch his attention but Seojun didn't even notice. Chorong made a face at Seojun's nonchalance and picked up another napkin from underneath a half empty glass of scotch. 

In another life, Han Seojun would have made a brilliant idol and Chorong could have been his side kick and become famous by proxy. Sadly, that life went away the day Seojun revealed that he had been secretly training to become a vampire hunter and wanted Chorong to join him.

Obviously Chorong has said yes. This was his best friend—the guy who stood by him whilst the rest of their class ostracized him for being fat and ugly, the guy who fought the rival school's gang when they were chasing after Chorong, the guy who stood up for Chorong in front of the principal when they got caught for participating in said fight. If Han Seojun told Kim Chorong to jump in a river, Chorong would have asked which one.