Chapter Thirty-Four

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Another chapter where they have to create and place memories that include references to rape and torture - not very descriptive, but I'd still consider them graphic (particularly one involving strangling). These memories are not real, they're created to trick Carrow.

Dub-con

Chapter Thirty-Four

The beginning is always the easiest.

Malfoy wanders about, scooping up anything that needs to be hidden from prying eyes. He seals them into their box and sends them to the deep. It's almost unnoticeable when Hermione comes back into her consciousness.

"How long did that one take?" she asks.

He's smirking. "Ten minutes."

"Hm. You went from an hour to twenty minutes and now to ten." She doesn't want to smile under the circumstances, but it's hard. She feels like she did in school, watching her friends master a difficult spell in Charms. "Let's get to the next one."

He places his wand against her temple, and she sinks into the ice.

Another easy one. He pulls the false memories he's already created out and puts them where they need to go, fitting them in like puzzle pieces. They fill her with the familiar fear of him, but she thinks they're manageable. She's more concerned about what's to come.

When he slides out of her mind, she feels slightly tired, but not so much as to fall asleep or pass out.

"I want to warn you again," Malfoy says. "The new ones have to be worse than the old."

"I know."

His gaze lingers. "Take a break if you need it. I mean it."

"I know, Malfoy. Just do it."

Wand against her skin. Ice. Cold spreading to all corners of her mind, freezing her in place.

He creates a memory to replace the one that took place right after the party they'd gone to. He erases their entire conversation and replaces it with him "punishing her for her insolence," like he'd told Carrow and Dolohov that he was going to do. The punishment starts off the same as the other memories—him shoving her over the arm of the couch while she screams and pleads. Only this time, he adds something extra. A knife.

The blade slices into the flesh of her back as he violates her, and her blood runs red over her sides and down her arms. It soaks into the light green fabric of the couch, staining it dark with her pain. The false Hermione passes out several times, being rennervated each time so she can't escape it.

And into the cell false Hermione goes without being healed until the next day.

Malfoy slides out of her mind and stares at her. Watches for her reaction like he always does. She doesn't say anything, though. She feels uncomfortable, but her mind is still aware. It's just hanging on by a thread with the dread of whatever he comes up with next.

"Keep going," she says, holding onto the arms of her chair as if it will keep her from tumbling into the emptiness of her head.

Malfoy's wand touches her skin, and he's in again.

The time he left for Dover. He leaves that memory mostly intact, including the part where she slapped him, but he changes the location and what happened after. False Malfoy follows through on his threat, raping her on the drawing room floor.

And then he makes it worse.

False Malfoy conjures some sort of rope and wraps it around false Hermione's neck while he violates her, pulling and pulling and pulling. It cuts into the skin on her throat, spilling blood. Her eyes bulge as capillaries burst and her mouth hangs open, her body desperate for air.