𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢 [𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗧𝗼 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲]

// The Soldier In White

  //Online

   //"Soldier, welcome"

_West_Germany_1961_

A secretary stared at a complex map as she descended down an elevator, she had been descending for some time, much longer than the average elevator.

It finally dinged, and the door slid open, seeing scientists, generals and military personal walking about as if normal.

The base she found herself in didn't have a name, nor did the document she was delivering, she didn't dare to look at its contents either.

She followed the map, going through winding hallways and paths until she saw a large door, which looked official and grandiose.

She knocked on the door, her heart in her throat, as being around so many war heroes and people with college degrees intimidated her.

The door opened, by someone she didn't recognise, but as she walked in, she saw somebody she did, because almost all of Germany, whether it be Capitalist or Communist knew of.

Friedrich Bastian.

Friedrich was the head of intelligence of the soviet side of Germany, as well as the mayor of West Berlin, a significant figure in politics.

"Thank you my dear" Friedrich smiled warmly as he took the file.

Friedrich was soft spoken, had a charismatic smile and was overall seen as a warm yet strong presence, just what the country needed.

The secretary was nervous and stunned at the same time to see him, so she quickly nodded her head before leaving, most likely to be escorted out of the building, never to step foot in it again.

The door shut, leaving Friedrich and his assistant in a moment of silence, Friedrich walked over to the table and placed the file down perfectly.

"Remind me...who are we meeting with?" Friedrich asked.

"The ambassadors for..." His assistant pulled out a piece of paper. "Poland, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Albania and The USSR Sir" 

"...What about Cuba?" Friedrich asked.

"Says they're still considering out offer" His assistant informed.

"Perfect...well, I must practice what I'm going to say to them...I'll be sure to stick out among them" Friedrich hummed.

The assistant left the room, as Friedrich looked out of the window, at a metallic grey canister, one that could probably house a medium sized adult, as he contemplated.