F - A What Now? Girlfriend?

A What Now? Girlfriend?

Fluff

Summary:
Season 3 team discovers Reid has a girlfriend, because Reid is acting suspiciously.

Warnjngs: none, Brief mention of victim's looks (bruises, scars)

Words: 965 words

---

Reid was acting strange. It took no genius to notice that.

The normally so on time doctor came into the building late today, his hair a little messier than usual and his shirt wrinkled. But nothing too alarming yet if it only happened once...

But it didn't.

"Bet he'll be late again", Derek said, leaning back in his chair.

"Why?", Emily fiddled with her pen, biting down on the cap.

"It's Tuesday. He was late the last two Tuesdays."

But before Emily could answer, JJ walked up to them, a stack of files in her arms and an alarming facial expression on display.

"Where are we going today?", Emily stood up immediately, following her colleague to the round table.

Derek stood up too, reaching the door just a second after them, sliding in and sitting down at the table.

Rossi and Hotch were already sitting there, in a deep discussion about an old case that came to a stop aprubtly as JJ pulled up the photo of a naked girl, bruises all over her face and body.

"Don't we want to wait for Reid for that?"

"he's not here yet?", Hotch raised his eyebrows. He had noticed the pattern too.

"Nope."

"We'll give him another five minutes, otherwise we'll have to start without him."

Just as teh five minutes were about to end, the door opened and quickening footsteps could be heard.

Spencer entered the bullpen, his bag slung loosely around his lefts shoulder, hurrying to get to the conference room where he spotted the team.

As he opened the door, he was already rambling apology over apology.

"So so sorry I'm late, it won't happen again, I promised, I just got stuck in traffic an-"

Hotch interrupted him: "Sit down, Reid. It's okay. Just don't let it happen again."

"Yes, thanks, yes", he hurried to get to one of the chairs, nearly tripping over his won feet.

But as soon as he sat down, he put on his work face, only the fiddeling with the strap of his bag showed, that there was actually a person and not a statue sitting there.

After JJ briefed the team and they shortly discussed their theories, Hotch announced the obligatory 'Weels up in thirty' and everyone got out to gather their go-bags.

--

Normally, Reid would talk to the people on the jet. They would chat, talk about the case, or even play games, but today he sat there, yompleteky focused on his mobile.

So focused even, he didn't feel Emily's gaze on him. And Derek's for that matter.

He was just typing away, texting you before the case would be all he could think about.

He had met you two months ago, but it was only three weeks after that, that you started going out on dates.

At first he was hesitant, scared even to let such a beautiful and intelligent person in his life. Who was to say you wouldn't dump him at the first chance you got?

But then he got to know you and no matter how nervous he was before asking you to go on a date with him, he had never made a better decision in his life.

You- Do you know when you'll be back?

S- Sorry, no.
S- Is it too cliché to say I miss you already?

You- Dw, I miss you too.
You- Stay safe my darling

S- I will.
S- I promise.
S- I love you.

You- I love you too.

"Is she worth it, pretty boy?", Derek asked, an amused expression on his face.

"Yes.. I mean what, I mean uhm-"

Derek laughed and Emily joined.

"There's no use in hiding this from us. We're trained profilers too, you know."

Spencer's cheeks were pink already.

"Uhm.. Yeah, I suppose."

Emily smiled. "Sooo.... How is she? Is it even a she, I mean I'm not ag-"

Spencer nodded, accepting his deveat.

That nod gave him the attention of the whole jet, whether they wanted to admit it or not.

"Well.. Tell us about her, kid", rossi said, more invested in the story, then he probably should be.

"I- she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She's not even a girl, she's and intelligent and loving woman. She's amazing, I know this might sound cheesy, but she's everything I could've ever wished for."

Spencer Was looking dreamily at no one particular, but his facial expression made everyone on the jet happy.

JJ even had some tears in her eyes, although she probably wouldn't admit that.

" I didn't know you could talk like that, pretty boy", Derek said, his gaze fixated on the doctor. He would also never dare to admit it, but he was feeling protective of the boy. Like he was some kind of little brother he needed to watch.

"I didn't know I could feel like that, before I met her."

"What is her name?", Emily asked, her also completely fixated on Reid and the way he was talking about this mysterious woman.

"(y/n)... such a pretty name."

Emily gave JJ a smile. They had never heard Reid talk about anyone like that.

"I wanna meet the girl that makes you talk like that", JJ confessed, her hands trained upon a necklace around her neck, subconsciously playing with it.

"And I want you to meet them. I just don't want to.. Ruin everything, you know?"

"I swear, I'll be on my best behavior, pretty boy", Derek said with the voice of school boy that just got scolded by a teacher, which made everyone laugh.

But yeah, they would meet you someday.

--

Tell me what you think about it!