01

I woke up and saw only darkness, I didn't know what was happening but I heard voices. My body didn't seem to want to move, I felt like something was being weighed down on my chest and I couldn't breathe.

"How is she doing so far nurse?" I heard a mans voice that startled me a bit.

"Seems that she is not awake yet, she should be soon. Its just so horrible what happened, what do you think will happen if we tell her?"

"Her aunt has said that she is going to take care of her, thats a good thing because she's the only family she has left. If not then she would be sent to an orphanage."

"W-what?" I said trying to get up, I was crying but I couldn't see anything.Why can't I see anything? Why am I only hearing voices?

"She's awake!"

"Don't move, lay back down!" I felt someone's hand touch my arm, I flinched at the sudden touch.

"Why can't I see anything?!" I panicked.

"She's in shock! Call the other nurses! We need to lower her blood pressure!"

My heart was beating so fast, I was running my hands through my hair that I felt. But I wasn't able to see anything, I blink but nothing become clearer for me. I could feel the force of people pinning me down and I become more scared by the touch.

"I can't believe she woke up just now, we predicted about two weeks from now."

I could feel someone poke something at my arm, instantly my body became relaxed within a couple of seconds.

"It will relax your body, Haru-"

"What happened to my parents?!" I wanted to scream out for them, I heard no response.

"I'm sorry Haru, your parents have passed away."

"What?! But how? How did this happen? Why can't I remember anything?"

"You're now suffering from short term memory loss from the trauma but I will tell you that they both died in a car crash."

I had let that settle into my mind, my mouth dropped.

"Why can't I see anything?"

"I'm sorry to say this but you are blind, from the accident your eyes are damaged from the glass." Tears started to flow more out of my eyes.

I swallowed hard, I couldn't believe it. This happened so fast, I held my hands over my eyes I felt a cloth like texture protecting my eyes.

"You won't be able to take those off any time soon." I heard the lady say, my eye area was damp because I am crying.

"I'm just going to tell you that everything happens for a reason, it's going to get harder for you to adjust to your current situation now. I want to say I'm sorry for your loss."

"Haru-ah! Where are you?!" I heard my aunts voice, I heard a door open and someone running towards me.

She bursted out in tears touching my cheek."Haru I can't believe that you lived! This is a miracle!"

"A miracle?"

She held both my cheeks."Yes! Oh my goodness! My dear! I'm going to care for you now okay? Don't you worry! I'm going to raise you well!"

I smiled, I loved my aunt. She was one of the most important people in my life. Knowing that she is now going to be my guardian made me feel safe.

"Did you get hurt anywhere else?"

I nodded."No, I don't feel hurt anywhere else."

"That's a relief!"

5 Years Later.