Chapter 3 (Lantern arc)

??:"Yes, kid! Just like that!"

The man watched as Jack swung his knife at another dummy. Jack then blocked an incoming punch from the man and punched his stomach, making him stumble backwards.

Jack striked again, uppercutting the man, he then swiped the man's feet off the ground, making him fall on his back.

There was a moment of silence as Jack caught his breath, he was still in the fighting stance, that was until he saw the man raise his hand, telling the boy the practice was over.

The man slowly stood up and put his fat back on before speaking.

??:"You're learning kid, you're learning."

Jack looked at the man and smiled, this smile was heartwarming for the man. This kid was like his son now, since the day he kidnapped the kid, gave him a new home, Jack looked happier.

??:"You can go back to your room now, Jack."

Jack quickly nodded and ran away, leaving the man alone in the gym. He sighed and looked at the mirror wall, his reflection filled his eyes.

He had a faint smile under his mask, he looked at his mask, gifted by Jack himself

??:"Man, I'm getting old for all this."

Luke:"So let me get this straight, a man, dresses as a pumpkin attacked you?"

Luke asked, looking at the sidekick that was sitting down, with a cup of tea made by his daughter, Danielle herself. Only the lower half of his mask was off.

Spider-Boy:"He had a pumpkin on his head, he wasn't dressed as one. It was a part of his costume."

Luke nodded and looked at Spider-Man. Spider-Man shrugged before asking.

Spider-Man:"I told you to do easy crimes. How did you find him?"

Spider-Boy took a sip from his tea before speaking.

Spider-Boy:"The spider-phone said it was just a guy breaking in a house so I thought, yeah why not..."

Spider-Boy then pointed to his leg with his free hand and spoke, a little loud.

Spider-Boy:"He was a guy with a scythe!?"

He said, making Danielle look at his wound, she cringed and looked away. Claire sat next to the sidekick and spoke.

Claire:"You need to go to a doctor for that. I did the best I could but I don't have a hospital home."

Spider-Boy shook his head, dismissing the woman's advice. The boy then looked at Luke and spoke.

Spider-Boy:"You're Luke Cage, bulletproof and shit, right?"

Luke nodded, making the boy continue.

Spider-Boy:"Uhh, take care of your family, man."