Chapter Three-Opening Night

I grew closer and closer to Joey and the rest of the cast as the time ticked down. And finally, it was opening night. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and put in my earpiece.

"Joey, I think this is your tie!" I called from the costume rack. I threw it to him and he caught it. "Ok..." I pulled a giant sweater off of the rack."Jim!" Jim plays Goyle, and is one of the tallest guys there. He reminds me of Jim from the office.

"Thanks."

"Jess, can you help me?" Lauren asked. I took her blonde wig and waited for her to shove her hair into the cap before placing it on her head."Thank you."

"Yup. Ok, guys! We have twenty minutes 'til showtime! You need to be in costume and in your places in ten!"

'Yes ma'am." Joey muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't talk back to me, Richter."

"Ok, Greyson."

"Go get your wig on!" I pushed him away and made my way back stage. Jamie passed me with the camera.

"And we're back with our lovely stage Manager Jessica. Are you excited?" She asked.

"I don't know if that's the word I'd use. Stressed out, maybe."

"Ah, don't be! It'll go great!" I smiled.

'I hope so. Do you have everything you need?"

"Yeah! Thanks, Mom." I rolled my eyes and checked my phone.

"TEN MINUTES!"

"Hey, you want to do the introduction?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, sure thing." As soon as the time ran out, I walked out in front of the curtain."Hey everyone! Thanks for coming out tonight! I think we have a great show in store for you."

"Ok, we're ready." Nick said into my ear piece.

"So, without further adieu, I give you, A Very Potter Musical!" I walked off stage as the curtain's opened and stood next to Joey.

"Good job." he whispered in my ear.

"It doesn't take much to talk, Joey." I looked up at him.

"I can't believe how cruel they are, and it stings my lightning scar, to know they never, ever give me what I want. I know I don't deserve these, stupid rules made by the Dursleys her on...Privite Drive. Can't take all of these muggles, but despite all of my struggles...I'm still alive." I laughed. "I'm sick of summer and just sittin' around. Man, it's September and I'm skipping this town. Hey, it's no mystery, there's nothing here for me now...I gotta get back to Hogwarts! I gotta get back to school! I gotta get myself to Hogwarts. Where everybody knows I'm cool!' I laughed, but stopped listening. I looked around making sure everyone was in their places and had their costumes and stuff. Joey walked over to the door and opened it.

"Yeah, and it's gonna be totally awesome!Did somebody say Ron Weasly?" I rolled my eyes at him. Joey and Darren hugged.

'Hey man!"

'Hey! Sorry it took me so long to get here, I had to get some..." He looked over at me and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Stop it!" I mouthed.

"Floo powder. But uh, we gotta get goin' come on, grab your trunk let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"To Diagon Alley of course!"

'Cool!"

"FLOO POWDER POWER, FLOO POWDER POWER, FLOO POWDER POWER, FLOO POWDER POWER."

"It's been so long, but we're going back. Don't go for work, don't go there for class."

"As long as we're together-"

"Gonna kick some ___ and it's gonna be totally awesome! This year we'll take, everybody by storm. Stay up all night, sneak out of out dorm-"

"BUT LET'S NOT FORGET THAT WE NEED TO PERFORM WELL IN CLASS, IF WE WANT TO PASS OUR OWLS!"

"Gosh Hermione, why do you have to be such a buzz kill."

"Because guys. School's not all about having fun! We need to study hard if we want to be good witches and wizards.I MAY BE FRUMPY, BUT I'M SUPER SMART. CHECK OUT MY GRADES, THEY'RE A'S FOR A START. WHAT I LACK IN LOOKS, WELL I MAKE UP IN HEART, AND WELL GUYS YEAH THAT'S TOTALLY AWESOME! THIS YEAR I PLAN, TO STUDY A LOT."

"That would be cool, if you were actually hot."

"Hey Ron, come on, we're the only friends that she's got."

"and that's cool."

"AND THAT'S TOTALLY AWESOME."

"YEAH, IT'S SO COOL, AND IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!"

*~*

"BACK TO WITCHES, AND WIZARDS AND MAGICAL BEASTS. TO GOBLINS AND GHOSTS, AND TO MAGICAL FEASTS.IT'S ALL THAT I LOVE, AND IT'S ALL THAT I NEED, AT HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS.BACK TO SPELLS, AND ENCHANTMENTS POTIONS AND FRIENDS. TO-"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Hufflepuff."

"Ravenclaw."

"SLYTHERIN!"

"BACK TO THE PLACE WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS AT HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS."

"I'm sorry what's it's name?" Dylan/Dumbledore called.

"HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS."

"I didn't hear you kids."

"HOGWARTS, HOGWARTS."

"Man, I'm glad I'm back." Everyone stuck their wands in the air and the lights turned white. The audience cheered, and so did I.