↳- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 -༉‧₊˚✧

"𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦
𝘢𝘸𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘵, 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴
𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦. 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵."

- the onceler

yes this book is probably going to have a lot of lorax quotes just because i like the movie for no reason

˗ˏˋ꒰ ❅ ꒱ chapter one - part of a new world ˚ ༘❅⋆。˚

﹒──── ✩ + ! ✧ ❜+ ✩ ────﹒

The air was cold.

The drop of blood.

The feeling of pain.

And hunger.

You woke up, blinking slightly as your vision slowly blurred back together. The memories of your dream had disappeared, leaving you with a strong feeling of deja vu. You stood up, sitting on your thighs as you looked at the room around you.

You were sitting on a bed with silky covers, and across the room was a tall plant that swayed in the nighttime wind with life. Next to it was a bookshelf with many scrolls and Japanese lettering. You couldn't read them no matter how hard you tried. You tried to stand up, looking to the side to see a desk with a tray of water and medicine on it. You took the glass of water and looked at it suspiciously before putting it back down. You weren't that thirsty in the first place.

You took a step across the room and felt wobbly, standing up with a slouch as you gently made the bed. It seemed like a sin to leave such a neat bed unmade. You stepped forward to look at the medicine before taking one, staring at it before crushing it into pieces. What good was medicine if you didn't feel you needed it?

What goes was anything if it wasn't useful to you anymore?

Had you always had this mindset? Perhaps, but it didn't matter anymore as you heard the door creak open and turned. A young woman, around your age, was standing their with soft, green eyes and pink hair that faded into a lovely off-white. She wore a dark red kimono that didn't suit her particularly, but she pulled it off for sure. A ribbon was wrapped around her waist, with a rose representing to knot.

"Apologies for intruding," she said, tipping her head and smiling at you, "Douma-sama has requested I take care of you for the time being until you are well enough to care for yourself."