Take My Hand

Natasha Cortez Raynott was prepared to have the best day of her life. She had double checked all the preparations, and was experiencing something that was a mix of excitement and apprehension. She looked at herself in the mirror and adjusted her veil a little. She was beautiful. Beautiful black hair swept up in a bun, clear brown eyes that sparkled with happiness, she was the perfect representation of a happy bride. Taking a deep breath, she mentally prepared herself for the challenge ahead. Her bridesmaid came to bring her to where she would prepare to walk the aisle. Nat had always had a rocky relationship with her parents, but coming out as lesbian threw their relationship off Mount Everest. So she would walk with her wife-to-be's brother. He was schizophrenic and a bit more on the crazy side, but he took meds for that. He also believed himself to be a leprechaun which was probably the worst thing about him.
"Here comes the bride," A beautiful little tune started playing, and Natasha linked arms with Lincoln (leprechaun brother). She started walking down the aisle, beaming at how beautiful the venue was. Their theme was butterflies and flowers, Nat representing the butterfly part and Sam (Samantha) being the flowers. It was quite a noticeable theme, butterflies made to look as if they were flocking towards Nat, sticking onto her dress. She had a beautiful off the shoulder gown with butterfly patterns and fake butterflies protruding from her dress. She had a flower belt that complemented her butterflies and matched her with Samantha. They smiled at each other from across the room, time seemingly stopping for them. Samantha was wearing a gown that had spaghetti straps made of fabric, leading to a thin cape that trailed behind her. Her whole dress really leaned on the flower motif, embroidered flowers and fake ones littering her dress. She had on a butterfly belt, complementing her beautiful partner. Her untamable ginger hair was swept half over her shoulder, making her look kinda like Merida. Natasha started walking up the steps, barely reaching the first before she felt a pinch in her chest.
Schunk
Nat only saw the horrified look on Sam's face before feeling the echo of it in her chest. She felt as if a thousand needles were poking her, a red hot poker shoved through her chest. She stumbled forward, trying to escape the mad stabbing Lincoln was doing.
"DID YOU THINK I WOULDN'T KNOW?" Lincoln laughed maniacally, "I KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO STEAL MY GOLD! I'LL NEVER LET YOU! NEVER!" It was at this moment he started tap-dancing towards her with the knife, intent on killing her. It would've been a rather funny sight if she hadn't been stabbed brutally in the chest moments before. She backed away, and Sam moved in front to protect her. Soon, Nat could feel her consciousness slowly slipping away.
When she awoke there was nothing. She was alone, darkness being her only companion. Then she heard a distorted voice speaking to her.
"My poor sweet child," it had a static sounding voice, "I will give you a second chance. Find your love and give her this." A small amulet dropped into her hands. It seemed to be made of amber, yet you could see the silhouette of a woman in it. Natasha studied it curiously before the woman turned around. It was her! Startled,
she dropped the amulet. It stopped mid-fall and rose up slowly to be placed in her hands once again. Confused, she gripped it tighter and tried not to start hyperventilating.
"Be careful with that, my dear," the voice warned, "That necklace contains your very soul."
"My...soul?" Nat questioned, "What do you mean?"
"Right now....you're not human," the voice began, materializing a mirror out of nowhere, "I have the means to bring you back, of course, but I can't fully reverse your death."
"Wait....what do you mean bring me back?" a slight hope stirred in Natasha as she pictured coming back to her wife, "You can do that?"
"Well....not really," the voice sounded as dejected as Natasha felt, "Bringing back the dead...it wouldn't be a possible feat for me. I could, but that would be too complicated a matter for me to do. I can, however, help you find your lover and bind your souls together. That is, if you don't mind waiting for her."
"Of course I wouldn't mind!" Natasha almost bursted with excitement, "I would never mind waiting for her."
"Ahh...young love," the voice seemed to chuckle, "First, take a look at yourself. You aren't exactly human anymore." Looking into the mirror, she saw a woman staring back at her. Same hair, same dress, you could still tell it was her. But instead of two eyes, she had a singular one, smack dab in the middle of her face. Large and ominous, it truly made her look like a monster. There was a slash on her chest where she'd gotten stabbed, blood perpetually leaking from it. She had slashes on her arms from the schizophrenic leprechaun, one running deep enough to show the whites of her bones. She was horrified. How could she get Sam to recognize her?
Seemingly having read her mind, the voice responded, "If she loves you, she will." Smiling, Natasha nodded. She had faith in Sam. She was ready to go get her woman. The voice seemed to chuckle lightly before whispering a simple 'good luck.' As darkness washed over her, Natasha prepared herself to get ready and go see her wife.