Cause I Can't Help

"I know you aren't happy about this engagement, but you have to go through with it," the voice of Sam's mother stated, "Natasha would want you to be happy. To be honest, I don't really want this for you either. But you know how it is...your father really needs this marriage."
      Marriage? Samantha's? Natasha's heart sank. Maybe coming here was a mistake. Maybe all this time, she had been holding on to a broken dream, something irreplaceable, and irreparable. Every bone in her body, every nerve screamed for her to leave. For her to stop chasing after this futile dream. But she stayed.
She awoke to the sound of laughter, loud and shrill. It seemed like she had slept through most of the day undetected, as the sun was sinking below the horizon once more. She peered through the window to find Samantha facing a woman. Chestnut brown hair that was done up in a bun, emerald green eyes that seemed to sparkle with enchantment, it didn't take a genius to guess what this woman was doing so close to her (ex) wife.
"C'mon Sam!" the woman crooned, taking Samantha by the hand, "The wedding's in two days! We don't even have the theme picked out! We really need to hurry..." Samantha seemed to smile weakly before nodding, eyes falling on a picture she had on her desk. The woman followed her eyes and a dark, almost unkind look seemed to fall over her face. Letting go of Samantha's hands, she walked over and picked up the picture. It was one where Natasha and Samantha were together at Dis-knee land, both of them wearing elephant ears as they posed with the mascot, Pickey the Elephant. It was small, almost unnoticeable, but Natasha could've sworn that she saw Samantha flinch.
"Oh yes....it was a real pity about her wasn't it?" the woman traced her fingers over the picture, a hint of disgust leaking into her overly sweet tone, "We shouldn't dwell on the past though....right? I'm sure she'd be happy to see you moving on with your life. Besides, your brother is already in a safe place. Holiday Asylum. He'll never hurt anyone else." She put down the picture and reached up with her hands, moving to cup Samantha's face. Samantha turned away and for a split second, Natasha could see a look of annoyance and anger replace the saccharine smile the woman wore.
Something didn't feel right. Natasha could've sworn she'd seen this woman before. On the day of her wedding, she remembered seeing the woman. Sitting in the third row and, like the others, smiling as Natasha walked down the aisle. Only it wasn't the kind of happy for you smile. It was the smile of someone who had put into action a plan. If she was correct...wasn't this woman the same woman she had seen exiting Lincoln's waiting room? Her blood ran cold (well, as much as it could) and she felt the cogs in her brain slowly twisting and turning. She had to find wherever this Holiday Asylum was. She needed some answers.

AND THE PLOT THICKENS
Haha so I kind of forgot abt this. Dw it should be a quick completion (hopefully). Very lazy chapter but it is what it is ig.