The Invasion of the Bane

***

***Kat's POV**

***Kat's POV**

Mum and I pull up to the house and she parks the car.

We got out of the car as a girl approached us.

Hiyah, the girl said.

Mum gave her a slight smile as she walked towards the front door.

I gave the girl a smile and a light wave as I followed mum into the house.

You see, my mum isn't an ordinary woman, she works as a journalist but we also fight aliens, that's right, Aliens!

Not all aliens are bad, but they can be really amazing and cool.

But the dangerous ones? We deal with them, mum and I, we're a team, me and her and we always will be.

***

***

Katalia walked out of the house to see Sarah Jane walking past to put the mail into the post.

As they made their way towards the house, their new neighbour happened to be leaving their house with another girl.

Erm, hi. We just moved in opposite. I'm Maria Jackson, the girl said.

Hello, Sarah Jane said.

Hi! Hello, there. Nice to meet you. I'm Alan. Alan Jackson, the man said as he held out his hand.

I hope you're not going to make too much noise. It's just I work from home and I don't like to be disturbed, Sarah Jane said as she turned away to enter the house.

Ok. Nice to be made welcome!?, Alan said sarcastically.

Sorry. Sarah Jane Smith, Sarah Jane said.

I'm Katalia Smith, Katalia said with a smile.

See you, then, the dark skinned girl said.

Yeah, Maria said.

Wait!, do you mind if I join you guys?, Katalia said.